Ithaca

just a dream

Just got back. Original setlist. Wonderful first set Stuck Inside of Mobile..., Black Throated Wind, Mission in the Rain, and Shakedown. Second set:

Alligator>

New Potato Caboose>

The Eleven>

Why Don't We Do It in the Road>

Liberty>

Man Smart, Woman Smarter>

Drums>

Space>

Spanish Jam>

So Many Roads>

The Other One>

Bertha

Satisfaction

E: Don't Let Go>

We Bid You Goodnight

Excellent show!

first set: Midnight Hour>

Dire Wolf

Black Throated Wind

Easy to Love You

Jack A Roe (kind of a raggae version)

Memphis Blues

Mission In The Rain

Passenger

Shakedown Street

second set:Alligator (with the kazoos and everything)>

New Potato Caboose>

William Tell Bridge>

The Eleven>

Why Don't We Do It In The Road>

Liberty>

Man Smart, Woman Smarter>

Drums>

Space>

Spanish Jam>

So Many Roads>

The Other One

Bertha

Satisfaction

Encore: Don't Let Go>Bid You Goodnight

I believe I witnessed history last night, these guys and lady love Ithaca NY.

Except with a few problems with the organ, this show was unbelievable..... For those of you who missed this one, as chuckvegas said the other night "sucks to be you".

Almost forgot, Bruno nice meeting you and your wife, hope you guys enjoyed this one as much as I did!

• Forum MVP

The band seemed to really be having a ball last night - with the exception of Rob's Hammond organ not working, which was a bummer, but Rob was quick to switch to the Kurtsweil and played some amazing piano work. A good two sets of elective songlists. A couple very cool highlights for me were as follows: Rob Barraco sweet Brent vocals on Easy To Love You; killer Shakedown for 1st set closer; second set opener Alligator (with Rob E., Lisa, JK, and Rob B. all playing kazoos!); a most excellent Passenger - Kevin was ripping it up hard on the P-bass! - one of the best Passengers I have heard DSO do yet!; an awesome Drums; very tasteful as always So Many Roads. Ran into Rob Eaton at the Lost Dog lounge next door before the show. Rob E., JK and Rob B. all came back to the Lost Dog Lounge after the show too. There was a 3-piece band with acoustic guitar, keyboard and bongo player doing some classic Dead tunes as well as some neat originals. Very laid back lounge with couches etc. Neat vibe for an after show party. Had a ball in Ithaca and stayed the night in the Holiday Inn which was a mere two blocks away from the Theater. Got to meet Ray aka cyrbowls here on these forums. ...I saw at least one taper up in the balcony. It only takes one - lets hope he uploads this show for the rest of you who weren't there to enjoy, and I too would love the chance to relive it again and again on live CD's. Torin brother you missed a night of sheer DSO magic - enjoy RatDog buddy. Hope school is going well!

:dsorocks:

THE KICK DOWN!!!!! I gotta say the 6 hr drive all seemed well worth it. At this point it stands as my favorite DSO show of all times.....It felt historic....My parents met in Ithaca so I guess I owe it all to this amazingly enegetic community...

THE KICK DOWN!!!!! I gotta say the 6 hr drive all seemed well worth it. At this point it stands as my favorite DSO show of all times.....It felt historic....My parents met in Ithaca so I guess I owe it all to this amazingly enegetic community...

AMEN!!! Here's to my man!!!! And here's to the band... :cheers: :glow2: :grouphug:

Did anyone notice on the setlist page that they left out Liberty in the second set, I am positive that it was played. That set flowed so beautifuly that everyone night have lost it in the mix. I still can,t believe how good this show was. hope it is put up on archive soon!

• Forum MVP

I believe you are correct Ray - there was a Liberty in the 2nd set. Funny, I just threw out my chicken-scratched setlist I wrote down during the show yesterday, and just went to try and retrieve it from the garbage, but didn't see it anywhere near the top, so I gave up looking. That's good of you to notice that it was missing from the DSO setlists. Have a good rest of your weekend and safe and happy holiday!

Archived