1st Night Burlington?

pwpolk

So last week I berated the fourm for slackness in posting the Electric Factory list and duely got my ass kicked by Herdy. Still licking my wounds, I am sitting here wondering what was played in Burlington last night. I was going to wait patiently for everyone to wake up but VBF3 who has been up looking after kids since 6am has been egging me on to "stir the pot" so since he has no cohones to do it himself, here goes....

Yo Burlington, where is the list!!! Whats the story, is everyone up there such Luddites that no one can muster a single posting about the show last night. Chefmax - where are you when we need you. All us folks down in the Big Smoke are sitting here with post Thanksgiving hangovers and long days to wait until our next show.....Somebody throw us a bone!

While we idle away the hours waiting...how bout some guesses to what they may have played.

I am thinking original with some jewel of a pre 70 montage...say a Viola Lee > William Tell > Eleven.....maybe a China/Rider and perhaps even a Dew.

It is Burlington after all.....

Anyone else want to go out on a limb?

Guest buquebus

as was said in another post. i'm still speechless.

seen dark star a number of times and this has to be the best show i've ever seen them play.

here's the setlist

09/30/72 (Sat) American University - Washington, DC

Set 1: Deal, Mexicali Blues, Sugaree, Black Throated Wind, China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider, El Paso, Bird Song, Big River, Loser, Playing In The Band, Casey Jones

Set 2: Greatest Story Ever Told, He's Gone, Me & My Uncle, Brokedown Palace, Truckin' > The Other One, Sing Me Back Home, Sugar Magnolia, Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo, Uncle John's Band, E: One More Saturday Night

Not sure what's wrong the setlists on the website, but their not working for me. Can't wait for tonight!

Guest jubatunes
Ummm...I know I had a few b4 the show, but I'd swear there was a Promised Land opener.

No?

Someone please....I am scaring me-self.

Max

There was definitely a Promised Land opener, and it threw off my search for the setlist (Had to leave mid 2nd set, alas)

As an admittedly anal listener, these guys amaze me. Tight compact arrangements started off the night with breakout playing highlighting both Playin' and Birdsong. I have always had a softspot for those early arrangements for Birdsong. The jams on both of these tunes was completely off the hook.

Thanks for a great evening.

An aside, maybe I am getting older and crankier, but I felt violated by the security check at the beginning of the evening. I have been going to Higher Ground since it's initial inception and have never, at any show ever, had my wallet pulled apart and checked or asked to shake my snotrag out. I understand HG's liability I guess, but let's draw a line somewhere. Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

Cheers

Archived