Cleveland Hob

HelpSlip

• Forum MVP

Wed, Feb 25, 2009, House of Blues, Cleveland, OH

July 25, 1974 Chicago, Il

International Amphitheatre

1: Me & My Uncle, Loose Lucy, B. T. Wind, Loser, BIODTL, Sugaree, Mexicali, B. E. Women, El Paso, Row Jimmy, WRS Prelude> WRS Part 1> Let It Grow> Around

2: Scarlet, Big River, Roses, Jack Straw, Dark Star> Slipknot> Stella Blue, Johnny B. Goode, Uncle John> U. S. Blues, Saturday Night E: Ship Of Fools

Guest Lisacat

filler was You Ain't Woman Enough......Lisa is so freakin cute when she sings that....

The Dark star jam was sick......went WAY out there then nicely into slipknot. Stella was beautiful as always....too bad the talkers were unrelenting. Its amazing how they can run their mouths through the whole song then shut up for Johnny B Goode.

UJB was joyful. Put the biggest smile on my face.

I didn't get the beat count on BIODTL but something tells me it was probably 3 ;)

and as for combining a business trip with DSO......sounded way easier than it turned out to be :wacko:

Guest rio_grandeeo

The set they played last night was amazing!

I went to the Columbus show last Friday and when I left I felt like something was missing.

I will say that the crowd and the Newport is way more enjoyable to see a show than the HOB.

That was my first show at that venue and I felt like that place is out to rip you off by cramming the people

in and also charging you $4 for a coors light...wow. My wallet was hurting this morning.

But all worth it in the end to see that set!

Lisa, I agree with you on the talkers they were funny at times, next time you need to plan a business trip

around the Ledges or Newport.

Take it easy everyone!

I will upload some pictures from the show including video later...not sure how it turned out.

What a great time in Cleveland. It's fun listening to all those "predictions" before a show starts. We did the rail in front of JK (oh, there's a surprise) and the group right next to us, a bunch of railroad engineers from Buffalo, were trying to put it all into perspective. We told them to just look at the stage set-up. 1 drummer, red guitar, it's gotta be early 70's! They had a freakin blast. The show was another in an 11 year string of incredible shows. The younger group behind us did a nice job of figuring this one out. Way to go Lunch! The talkers did go overboard in the 2nd set. Can't some people just listen? Great seeing you Lisacat, all though we always meet in the smoking section! Thanks DSO. Time to go back to work and beg for more time off!!!!

Peace

Vince & Sue

Guest Lisacat
The younger group behind us did a nice job of figuring this one out.

Vince & Sue

well the ones around me didn't do quite as good a job......talking about how they wanted to hear CC Rider.

It was nice to see you Vince! I was looking for you guys after the show and didn't see you :( I wanted to say hi to Sue!!!!

Guest jimbomanof
What a great time in Cleveland. It's fun listening to all those "predictions" before a show starts. We did the rail in front of JK (oh, there's a surprise) and the group right next to us, a bunch of railroad engineers from Buffalo, were trying to put it all into perspective. We told them to just look at the stage set-up. 1 drummer, red guitar, it's gotta be early 70's! They had a freakin blast. The show was another in an 11 year string of incredible shows. The younger group behind us did a nice job of figuring this one out.

I showed up 15 minutes late and hopped in line at will call. I heard them start black throated wind and typed it into the notepad in my phone, which i did for the whole set. when i got home and listened to the gd show on archive and heard the fast loose lucy at the beginning, i knew i would have known it was 74 from the rip, but from my persepective, i thought late 73 or 74 for the whole first set. then scarlet came! killer! 74 for sure! so i yelled my YABBA DABBA DOOO!!!!! the only bad part of the show was when rob's keyboard went out during the weather report suite, which was still a huge highlight of a song.

Every year that I've seen DSO, they've gotten better and better. A freakin blast indeed. I can't wait for Gratefulfest!!

well the ones around me didn't do quite as good a job......talking about how they wanted to hear CC Rider.

It was nice to see you Vince! I was looking for you guys after the show and didn't see you :( I wanted to say hi to Sue!!!!

We looked around as well, Lisa. Once they pulled the curtain, we went to the street, for the walk right past your hotel. Oh well, don't think it's the last time we'll see you! Have fun!

Archived