Vail

maningreen

The town where the bus came by and I got on 10 years ago. I will Never forget the look on your altitude sicken faces when we almost bounced those speakers off the stage!!!

Hope you all got to make some fresh tracks today or tomorrow before your on the road again.

Anyway I am predicting an original with something for everyone. I feel that this is a special show with Rob bringing it all home to his family and friends tonight. This is one I'm really gonna have to get a copy of. Enjoy the Dark Star and don't forget to hit up Beaver Liquors on your way out of town Chuck.

So what's the rundown? Please.

The town where the bus came by and I got on 10 years ago. I will Never forget the look on your altitude sicken faces when we almost bounced those speakers off the stage!!!

Hope you all got to make some fresh tracks today or tomorrow before your on the road again.

Anyway I am predicting an original with something for everyone. I feel that this is a special show with Rob bringing it all home to his family and friends tonight. This is one I'm really gonna have to get a copy of. Enjoy the Dark Star and don't forget to hit up Beaver Liquors on your way out of town Chuck.

So what's the rundown? Please.

setlist?

Guest Lisacat

ok got a report-

elective.

1st set-

Iko opened

then the rest of the songs in no particular order:

Deep Elem

2 souls

Lazy Lightning>Supplication

Pride of Cucamonga

Stranger

Masterpiece

Shakedown closer

2nd set- this is in order:

Alligator

Sailor>Saint

Help>Slip>Franklins

Drums

Space

Eleven

New Potato

Other one

Attics

Other one

Mighty Quinn

Encore: Ripple

Guest captain420

Masterpiece is the missing Eaton tune.

Hope everyone made it back safe, the roads weren't bad, but a little snowy.

Have fun in Aspen...I would go but $50 last night did me in...might try to get a miracle, but a long drive back for work in the morning.

Guest Rob Eaton

Here's the real set list:

Set #1:

Aiko Aiko

Feel Like a Stranger

Deel Elem Blues

Lazy Lightning->

Supplication

Two Souls in Communion

Built to Last

Masterpiece

Pride of Cucamonga

Shakedown Street

Set #2:

Alligator->

Lost Sailor->

St of Circumstance->

Help on the Way->

Slipknot->

Franklins Tower->

Drums->Space->

The Eleven->

New Potato Caboose->

The Other One->

Attics of my Life->

The other One->

Mighty Quinn

Encore:

Ripple

super great show....the trip is getting higher and higher! off to the springs for a soak miles above home....the combo of music and altitude makes for a whole new experience...many thanks....missing friends...loving new ones...!!!!

Spent the day on the mountain skiing with Holub, Frank, Jeff and a few other cronies. Then hot tub, beer and pizza before the show. Walked to the Vilar from the condo that a friend comped us ( love you Heni), went down to the 3rd row and waited for the lights to go down. 1st set great, 2nd set off the hook! How lucky are we all to have this band out on the road playin this music as only they can do. I have my tix for the Dead in Denver. Its safe to say I'm going for the nostalgia. But when I go to a Dark Star show, I go for the here and now. There's so much in these shows where I realize it's a Dead tune but Dark Star has made it their own. And they just keep getting better and better. Be safe out there on the road. Looking forward to the next show. JC

Guest DEAD HEAD

Superb set list and that second set song into song non-stop till the encore ,WOW !!! DSO ROCKS and I cant wait to get on the west coast run next week !!! :cheers:

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

what an amazing show! so much fun, so much Dso power! the jams were tight and peaked very high. the Aiko, Stranger opener was huge and the Shakedown was unreal. the second set flowed nicely, loved the HelpSlipFrank, and the post-drumz was really far out there with the Eleven, New Potato, and broken up OtherOne, and the Quinn was a fun way to end it. Ripple was beautiful. ..and then it was a quick goodbye to everyone and Beaver Creek and drive through a blizzard through the Rockies on the Vail pass, took us 3 and half to get me to airport, where i kind of crashed for a couple of hours before my early morning flight back to Orlando. Denver was not so generous to me as it was another snow storm yesterday morning that delayed my plane 2 and half hours and we were already on the runway! and then a 3 and half hour flight, and im back in Orlando, wishing i could be going to Aspen tonight, Salt Lake City on thursday and in Arizona this weekend. but now its time to save up for a weekend in the Northeast and Gratefulfest. a hugeee thank you to Tiff and Tony, two absolutely incredible people, although it was a short time for me it was so so sweet!

I have my tix for the Dead in Denver. Its safe to say I'm going for the nostalgia. But when I go to a Dark Star show, I go for the here and now. There's so much in these shows where I realize it's a Dead tune but Dark Star has made it their own. And they just keep getting better and better.

I think everybody on here knows how I feel about the Grateful Dead.... they are the engine that drives my soul. But I really like the way you tie it all together here.

Sucks I missed all the Colorado shows this time around but California is coming up and I'll be representing at Redwood City and Eureka for 4/20. As my new friend John says, "There ain't nothing like a show behind the redwood curtain."

I may have to come up with a poem..........Hey now! I see you all rolling your eyes......

• Forum MVP

Well...all four nights were incredible. This one particular had a different vibe coming in. Gated community with resort like feel. slightly different crowd, but up on the rail with me were some of the regular crowd and the show was amazing. I hope everyone had a great time. Thanks for the hospitality Mason. It was nice getting to meet some more starheads and catch my first shows in CO.

Chuck - I told you to stay. You missed 2 souls again.

Nice little intervew with Koritz in the Daily. Glad glowsticks were brought up again for obvious reasons. Tying them to the end of your dogs leash on the beach at night or wherever is trippy and cool but throwing them at people and priceless equipment when they are in a trance and dancing is beyond disrespectful.

At last years Halloween Extravaganza I had to actually turn my back to the band find out who was throwing them and tell them to stop. I was so pissed off. I wea waving my arms hoding them up and pointing at the offenders looking right at them sayin "stop it". People actually were like OK then I got one or two thrown at me but for the most part I ended it. After the show I was looking at Koritz when he reached down at his feet and must have picked up over twenty glowsticks and with a surly look at the remaining crowd tosted them back.

I have said it before. Save em for the Phish show where they are actually accepted and if this confuses you just listen to the music play..

Peas, philmon

• Forum MVP

man o man what a grate weekend.. flying home sucked.. kept on getting delayed and missing connections.. got home like 6 hours+ late..

music was amazing as usual.. i really liked the sound at the boulder theater... sound at vilar was just okay, surprisingly better in the pit at that.. beaver creek was an interesting area..(the venue is in a ski resort) extremely beautiful, but extremely rich.. im from an area like the latter, but i just dont like super-affluent areas.. that being said, it was a really nice area.. beautiful ski town surrounded by beautiful mountains... but it was weird seeing a dso show in such a "nice" area (by nice i mean rich- architecturally purchased beauty)... but i really like walking "indoors" from parking to the venue- you parked in a garage and walked through a covered outdoor shopping area straight to the venue.. the falling snow was a beautiful sight on the walk into the show.

the music- deep elem was surprisingly sick. i love the song, but they smoked it! killer guitar from JK. 2 souls was amazing. so glad to get that one! JK's guitar work was flat out inspiring and the "woah ohs" from eaton and crew were really spot on! baracco did a fucking great job with the vocals, really rapping at the end. and shakedown to close.. FUN FUN!!

overall the trip was amazing. i love this band. i love this family. thanks so much everyone for all your help this trip! i truly could not have done it without yall! and a very special thanks is owed to Foege and Kirt for all they did for me. thanks so much guys!

Have to disagree with Jordan on the sound. I was all around the venue and the sound was excellent everywhere I was. Plus what a beautiful place. The only thing that I didn't like about the Venue was the Pit, about 5' deep.

Here are the pictures that I got.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Greyhead.gh/Be...003673428492114

We had quite a trip. We left home in a snowstorm and arrived in Denver to another snowstorm. About 10 miles before we got to Denver we were rearended stopping for another accident(minor damage, still drivable). We had a great time on the CO run, meeting Old friends and making new friends. Connie & I are so happy to be part of this family. Thanks Foege for opening your house before the show and all of you locals for the hospitality.

The shows were excellent and DSO was hot as hell. I still am amazed at the way they so easily transition from a 70's show to a 90's show.

We left Beaver Creek in some snow and got back home to another snowstorm, closed the roads about 1/2 hr after we got home. Another Dark Storm Orchestra trip for us.

Peace and see you all in Sunny So Cal

Archived