Jump to content

Nolongerhere

Master Poster
  • Posts

    538
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    26

Everything posted by Nolongerhere

  1. It was a show that happened really quick. It was basically conceived and announced in 24 hour period Um, like the Steely Dan with dead overtones
  2. Grateful Sunday Presents: Friday Show The Fishtank, Lexington, KY, Friday, 2021-12-17 ~|~ Feel Like A Stranger Mama Tried> Mexicali Blues West LA Fadeaway Ya Mar (Phish) Loser Pretzel Logic (Steely Dan) Ramble On Rose* Jack Straw* Tough Mama (Dylan) Music Never Stopped* ~||~ Don’t Let Go* Peg (Steely Dan) Cumberland Blues* Rubin and Cherise* Viola Lee Blues* Tore Up* China Cat Sunflower> I Know You Rider* Run Run Rudolph ~~~~~~ Lee Owen, Guitar Brandon Bowlds, Guitar Rob Barnes, Bass Brad Slutskin, Keys Dino English, Drums *with Jenny Adkins on back up vocals This little show at the Fishtank in Lexington was one of the better shows I’ve seen in a year. Lee and Brandon traded rhythm and lead guitar on every song outdoing one another and raising the energy level higher and higher, while Rob Barnes and Dino kept the groove jumping with their bass and drums locked in. The Viola Lee Blues and Dont Let Go were serious highlights and had amazing jams in them. walked in thinking I’d have a couple drinks and a decent time, but the music was stunning.
  3. It was great to see you again, and it was a good show and a great crowd. See you soon!
  4. Saw Dinosaur Jr again last night- my previous show was 2009. Great show. First time visit to Brooklyn Bowl (Nashville edition). I was always skeptical about bowling and shows, but it totally worked. I thought it was a fantastic venue. Most venues feel like a place that is designed with minimal thought to fans except to take their money, and at least at this one, you were deceived into thinking that someone designed it so music fans could enjoy themselves.
  5. Ran into Ammagamalin Crew last night at Born Cross Eyed show in Louisville. good to see you!
  6. Sorry I missed you-its the first sunday I've missed since the comeback. I got my first cold in a year, and it laid me low
  7. Im thinking the folks complaining about dancing while masked didn’t read the jubilation info. There’s no mask requirement within the pod people purchase, just to and from. but...FB doesn’t always represent the our best and brightest
  8. Saw Billy Strings in Lexington last night. Sold out the Manchester Music Hall. Last time in Lexington he was in a small club. This time decent sized hall. Awesome show. Wish I could have gone on to Louisville tonight!
  9. Wow! I love Daniel Lanois. His shows are rare.
  10. Hopefully you didn't bet that Max Security would win, cause after he won he was disqualified. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/06/sports/maximum-security-kentucky-derby-appeal.html
  11. Winter seemed excessively gray, rainy, and pretty dismal this year in Kentucky. Thankfully, the sun is starting to shine and its not raining every day anymore.
  12. Red rug front and center and an adjacent rug to start.
  13. I'm hoping for an elective or 1983 show on the 5/26 and the 5/28/1977 on Sunday. That being said, if the music hot, the style nor setlist will matter. I just don't want to know what's being played on the first night really cause I like the mystery of not knowing what's coming next.
  14. Thank God its Friday!

  15. Nolongerhere

    Jubilee's

×
×
  • Create New...