Nolongerhere
Master Poster-
Posts
538 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
26
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Nolongerhere
-
It may sound crazy, but for a moment I was on the fence for the first time in Jubilee history. I was thinking about the prices of VIP and then I thought about getting a cabin in the Adirondacks that same weekend for fishing and hiking for about the same cost. I was thinking how I’ve seen too many ‘76-78 shows from DSO and how it would probably rain. but then I realized I don’t get to see DSO enough. That when they play really well it never matters what the set list is, and they always play very well at at the Jubilee. I realized there are folks I only see at the Jubilee, and by May, my professional life is so busy I need to get away badly and listen to music. so I bought Gen admission tickets for the first time in years, and I’m excited to be returning. I’ve not missed a Jubilee yet, and I won’t this year either. See you in May. Hoping for weird set lists 🤠
-
I feel lucky that Lexington KY has a good music scene for a town this small. Caught Brandon Bowlds & Friends last night and it was wonderful music. Brandon Bowlds, Guitar Dino English, drums Rob Barnes, Bass Brad Slutskin, Keys ~I~ Cantaloupe Island Yamar Floating Worlds Pretzel Logic Time To Move On Wash and Fold Done Being Sad Horn Contusion Tin Can Trust ~II~ Peaches En Regalia 🍑 > Freeway Jam Peg Spanish Castle Magic You Never Give Me Your Money> I’ve Got A Feeling Race To Vengal Harder They Come The Squirming Coil
-
Was in NYC over the weekend and saw Miles Davis bassist Marcus Miller play the last show of his residency at the Blue Note Jazz club. He had old Miles Davis band mate Mike Stern sit in on guitar. It was incredible!
-
Saw Bob Weir for the first time since 2016 last night. Excellent show! I was overjoyed at hearing Silvio again
-
You have my attention
-
Came to Nashville for Sierra Ferrell NYE show at Brooklyn Bowl. Great weekend, great show, happy New Year!
-
Barraco played keys for both Gov Mule and Phil & Friends. It was the “pseudo- Quintet”, Molo on drums, Barraco on keys, Warren, Phil, and John Scofield. whole xmas jam show and production was amazing. Scott Metzger did acoustic mini sets with his wife Katie Jacoby on fiddle to open and between some of the acts. Dinosaur Jr crushed their 30 minute set. Govt Mule, Tyler Childers, and Phil’s sets were back to back just as good as good can be. Music started at 7:00 pm and continued until 2:20 am
-
Phil Lesh & Friends, Xmas Jam, 12/10/2022 Midnight Hour Masons Children Brown Eyed Women Shakedown Street I am the Walrus Morning Dew Eyes of the World So What Help on the Way Slipknot Terrapin Station Box of Rain I think every song probably segued into the next song - awesome show- best Phil & band performance I’ve seen in 10 years
-
Christmas jam in just one week. For Phils band, Barraco is now the keyboardist instead of Medeski- which I’ll gladly take. Anyone else here going?
-
Going to Christmas Jam 12/10 to see Dinosaur Jr, Phil & Friends, Tyler Childers, Govt Mule, Hiss Golden Messenger...going to be a good time
-
Born Cross Eyed, Fox Fest 8/13/2022, Louisville, KY Iko Iko El Paso Althea Greatest Story TN Jed Masterpiece Scarlet> Fire Truckin' *Rob Barnes on Bass, Brandon Bowlds on lead guitar
-
Born Cross Eyed, The Burl, Lexington KY ~I~ Bertha Wang Dang Doodle Sugaree BIODTL Peggy O On The Road Again Loser Passenger Cumberland Blues Night They Drove Old Dixie Down Touch Of Grey Help> Slip> Frank ~II~ China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider Terrapin Other one Eyes Of The World He’s Gone Watchtower The Days Between Box Of Rain Loose Lucy Brokedown Palace We Bid You Good Night packed crowd, superb venue, great music, fun was had by all
-
The missus and I did the Friday Billy Strings show in Louisville. we also did the BCE show at the Enchanted Forest in Indiana. Nice venue! Enjoyed my time, said hello to Too Much Fun
-
I got Covid from the Jubilee and then passed it to my family, so that’s about as exciting as it’s been for me. Looking forward to more shows soon
-
EDIT: Oops. I see you realized it was Scott. That's Scott Larned on the vocals. I saw my first DSO show Fall 2000. Didn't see another until 2012.
-
If we were there, why didn’t we cross paths and say hello? Let’s do this at the jubilee. Even if under the cover of darkness of the night
-
I really hated to miss this. How was attendance?
-
I’ve heard 1968 Grateful Dead jams that reminded me of Sonic Youth, and vice versa
-
I love Dinosaur Jr. They are nothing like the Grateful Dead but J Mascis plays bone shattering loud electric guitar. I was a big fan of them and Sonic Youth a couple of years before I listened to the Grateful Dead, around 1991. heres J Mascis covering Box of Rain:
-
By chance did you go to the indy show 6/30/84? One of the first tapes I got in trades in the mid 90's, and I loved that show
-
Here’s Viola Lee Blues from this little show with a nice buildup at the end:
-
Yeah, that sucks. I should have known he was almost 70. I actually first saw him play with “Melvin Seals and the JGB” in July 1999, at Legend Valley. There was a High Times music festival. He had Judah gold on guitar for his touring band at that point, and they had released a live record. https://www.amazon.com/Welcome-Our-World-Members-Only/dp/B00000676L Merl Saunders was also at that show. Keep healthy, Melvin
-
I feel guilty already for all those distasteful jokes I made about him working solely for ham sandwiches.
-
Good to see you again! I think the size of the venue helps build the energy up for the audience and band which causes the music to spark extra good How old is Melvin these days?
-
the 11/3/65 demo was on of the first tapes I ever received in a trade. I listen to it quite a bit. Can't Come Down would be awesome to see & hear
