Greg from Chestertown
Forum MVP-
Posts
2,178 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
97
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Greg from Chestertown
-
So, I’m sifting through all the articles about the Raiders news this week. Their team meeting before the Detroit game had the new coach talk about how when he was a player, his Giants beat undefeated New England to win the Super Bowl. McDaniels walked up to His replacement and said, “Don’t you talk about New England like that.” Yea, I would have thrown him out of my place of business too. Kudos to Davis for realizing his mistake and ending the pain. It had me thinking about the scene from The Godfather where Michael had every one who had crossed him killed while he’s at the baptism. Somebody needs to make a utube video of the soundtrack from that scene played over top of video of Davis firing the guy who threw those lousy passes against Detroit, his boss, his boss, his boss, but not himself. “It’s not the people you fire that drives you crazy, it’s the people you don’t.”
-
Looks like my Raiders finally got around to cleaning house, cutting out all the dead wood. Boy, that needed to happen. Now what?
-
Raiders fan here. All hope is lost. Our coach can not calculate two digit math in his head.
-
Random thoughts and randomness in general
Greg from Chestertown replied to Rude's topic in Random Thoughts
Jim Croce passed away fifty years ago today. I loved his stuff growing up. -
Random thoughts and randomness in general
Greg from Chestertown replied to Rude's topic in Random Thoughts
just had a guy at the gas station ask me what my license plate (boxrain)meant. I asked him if he ever heard of the Grateful Dead, and if he ever saw them. He said yea, once., Austin, Texas, 1969. I looked it up. If it was Austin, he musta meant 2/23/70. He said they did the coolest thing. After they were done playing the show, they set up a huge set of cymbals and the guy just played the cymbals for a really long time. He said he has seen the Moody Blues three times. I thought that was cool. -
That’s a good one, gotta check it out. I’m guessing a late era Race is on, second set opening reads like a first set opener, Playin’ into Eyes must be heard, I think. I’m on my way…
-
That show has the best yellow dog story I ever heard.
-
That ball was uncatchable.
-
I have this theory about football teams working their way through the playoffs. The Patriots had it down, where the goal isn’t just to get to the Super Bowl but to win the super Bowl. Some teams blow their wad before getting there. The Eagles always talk about getting to the Super Bowl and winning it. It dawned on me today that the Bengals/chiefs game was so hyped up, full of trash talking back and forth, etc. that the Chiefs could be spent and might not have as much left in the tank as the Eagles who haven’t even been challenged yet in the playoffs. My take.
-
49ers player who tried to throw the Eagles player six feet under was less than cool. Gonna be a good Super Bowl but I think Philly is a little better and healthier. Philly hasn’t really been challenged yet in the playoffs, I think.
-
If Philly can rattle Purdy’s cage, it’ll be more than four, I think. Honestly, all four teams have a pretty good chance. Don’t forget what kC’s backup QB did while Mahomes was getting his ankle checked out last week. 98 yard touchdown drive that ate up some clock. I always enjoy this week’s games more than the Super Bowl.
-
Agree. After that, I think we’re looking at a pretty good Super Bowl. Two young QB’s looking to show up the doubters. New era? No Brady so it won’t be like watching reruns on TV.
-
If the kicker could produce, the score and the dynamic would have been different by halftime and yes, Pollard would be running down the field in the second half. The uncertainty of the kicker effected the coach’s decisions.
-
Sorry it was a disaster for you, Rude. As a Raiders fan, I can relate, probably two years out before we can be taken seriously, at best. On a positive note, I thought Dallas had the niners Rookie QB a bit rattled, at first, at least.
-
A well oiled machine. You can tell that their goal is to win the Super Bowl, not just excited to see how far they can get. Good discipline.
-
I’m talking about the numbers game with the score. Miss an extra point, get a two point conversion after the next touchdown and it becomes inconsequential. It became irrelevant as the game went on because Brady wasn’t doing anything but if those missed extra points cost them the game, this would be different discussion completely. Time will tell. Their next game will prove if those misses were a fluke or something got into his head and it’s showing up in his foot. Hopefully he can withstand the Media pressure this week.
-
Somewhat unbelievable that cowboys kicker missed four extra points, especially in the two point conversion era. I was stunned after the third miss. The coach owned that one, shoulda gone for two, I thought. Coaches pull receivers after a couple of dropped passes. I’m guessing the coach figured that Brady wasn’t going to catch up and be a threat to their lead at that point. I’m really not sure what I am talking about, I slept through most of it.
-
Jacksonville QB has a lot of youth in him. He’ll be better if he can mature properly in the NFL, if he lasts that long. That one interception early that should have been a penalty instead, if that was Brady he’d be screaming at the refs, veins popping out of his neck style. Trevor seems to be more worried about his hair. This is war, go fight.
-
Outside of the meat in the bird song sandwich, the acoustic set lines up with 1980 acoustic shows. In case you didn’t already know that.
-
Raiders Mantra this year; ‘what do you want me to do, to do for you, to see you through?’
-
Yea, should be a good one tonight.
-
I miss the good old days when cliff Branch and Fred Belitnikoff had huge wads of Stick um on their tube socks so they could reapply and stay out there. Carr has the top spot on consecutive games played and still counting. That’s gonna end. I hope Carr finds vindication.
-
So, it looks like my Raiders are redefining the term ClusterFuck.
-
Random thoughts and randomness in general
Greg from Chestertown replied to Rude's topic in Random Thoughts
Supposedly, the medical card is good because when it goes legal, you won’t have to pay sales tax on it when you buy it. -
Speaking of the Raiders, I’m wondering if Their coach will let Carr slip under the bus and get replaced so that no one notices that he’s the one who needs to be replaced. It’s surreal how bad the RAIDERS are.
