Jump to content

Greg from Chestertown

Forum MVP
  • Posts

    2,178
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    97

Everything posted by Greg from Chestertown

  1. I’m partial to the Warfield/Radio City acoustic/electric run. I think they are refocused, reinventing themselves again after Keith and Donna’s departure. Brent is getting settled in. The future was looking bright. No one in the band is worn out , weary from the road, the drugs. They weren’t mainstream yet. Ahh, the good old days. I find it more precious than late eighties when everyone says they were at their best. That’s all, thanks for letting me share.
  2. That song has a special place in my heart also. I won’t bother you with the story as it pales in comparison to your human level, but, yes, that song showed up in my life at a time that I needed it. Heaven sent at a time I was questioning how I was going to get through a situation. That one gets me to stop dancing and just take it in.
  3. I was checking that one out this morning. Phil singing, I’m going back to Berkeley, I do believe I’ve had enough.
  4. It reminded me of somewhat similar thoughts I had this morning. I was thinking about how everyone is hung up on diet these days. They’re all concerned with the food that they put in their mouths but no talk about what the senses are taking in. Not just the music our ears take in, but also the words we hear from others. The sarcastic, hateful talk on our television or from people close by. The violence we witness on television. The smells of a big city, etc. All of this has an effect on our well being. It’s all part of our diet. We gotta watch all that we take in, not just watch out for carbs.
  5. A killer, rocking’ Promised Land Too!
  6. NFA somewhere around good lovin’ . The tunes are creeping back in to my memory.
  7. Better off Dead at the Cult Classic Brewery down on Kent Island. Holy Fuck, I don’t know how I am going to make it through work today. Big RR blues till the morning comes about a six or eight song gap of forgetfulness on my part. candyman Cumberland. china/Ryder BTW Black peter some tune off the first album, drawing a blank. cryptical>TOO>cryptical good lovin’ Bertha Sugar Mags midnite Hour Music never stopped I am forgetting about half the show but it was pretty incredible. High energy, happy crowd.
  8. Saturday rest because Sunday schedule is fishing. Rockfish season opens back up on the Chesapeake in Md. I’m taking my twelve foot mega yacht out. Tight line!
  9. My schedule for the next four days; Wed- DSO Thur- rest Fri- DSO Sat- rest
  10. I feel that it needs to be mentioned, the good fortune and hard work that Rob Eaton has put in to make such a great recovery from his wrist injury. I couldn’t tell.
  11. So, I was cutting through town on my way home tonight and I saw they were having a car show. I parked and checked out the cars. There was a VW bus among the vehicles that owners were showing off. I asked the owner ‘so, no Grateful Dead stickers?’ She replied, ‘no, but I did find a Grateful Dead cassette tape in a secret stash spot under the driver’s seat.’
  12. So, I’m doing my work, spreading mulch at this house in Rock Hall, woman walks by, walking her dog. Asks me ‘are you the guy with the BOXRAIN?’ (My license plate) turns out she started seeing the dead in the sixties, first show in Baltimore. So I was like, ‘oh, you saw Pigpen? ‘ a warm smile and an ‘oh, yea!’
  13. Well, true confession, I skipped this spring visit by Jerry and the boys to the Spectrum. I was living in Ocean City, New Jersey, putting together Grady White boats. My last show, every song they played, I had seen them play before. I was questioning the need to rack up shows. Rookie move. WMMR and Pierre Robert were covering the start of this show on the radio. I tuned in to catch that. Hearing Midnite Hour start with a thunderous bang, I instantaneously realized that I had totally fucked up and vowed to never make that mistake again. I didn’t, right up until the end. Thing is, the next year, between about eight beers, green world blotter, and the substance shared by the deadheads who pushed their Brokedown VW bus into the parking spot next to ours, which turned out to be Opium, that show was a psychedelic blur. Another mistake which led to me seeing all three nights the next spring. What a long, strange trip it’s been.
  14. That’s hilarious but I meant in physical appearance.
  15. Does anyone else see the resemblance between Matt Gaetz and Max Headroom, or am I the only one who was alive in the eighties? I gotta ask.
  16. Nice first show set list, Bill. The question is, Were you aware? Did you know what was going on? , or were you just in awe?
  17. Got a Reuben and Cherish trot out also on this date , 91?
  18. Thank you. You are not alone. The good news is that you rediscovered what makes you happy, brings you peace. You have a vehicle out. If your cup is full, ......
  19. I just scored a miracle! I walked into Walgreens to ask about the vaccine. I knew the girl working there. She had some extras, hooked me up. I got my vaccination! She asked me a few questions, one of which was wether I worked through out the entire pandemic. I said yes. That makes me a front line worker. Go figure.
  20. I think that just means we’re going to start seeing Bill Gates at Dark Star shows. He is a curious man.
  21. I do but I think a lot of that has to do with reading something about the song where it is loosely associated with that book or the characters in it. I love that song, perfect show opener. Robert Hunter captured lightning in a bottle with that one. The mental imagery that is painted with those lyrics is incredible for me. I just fucking love that tune.
  22. Standin’ on the moon, add it to the list.
  23. I just took the time to listen to the ‘sing me back home’ clip and revel in the beautiful memories. It brought me to tears, just as it did when DSO did it as a filler, Not long after she had her stroke, in Dewey about three and a half years ago. I was front and center, awash in the beauty of that song and the delivery by the band. No one did more for me than my mother. I did have the benefit of being the youngest child of an Irish woman. She would drive me from North Wilmington to the foot of the Delaware Memorial Bridge, watch me climb through a hole in the chain link fence, cross the off ramp, on my way to skateboard the drainage ditches around the highway there. She would come back a few hours later to pick me up. That would get you handcuffs these days. Later that same day, dinner was on time and delicious. Sorry about your loss, AC. I believe that a long life, well lived is worthy of a celebration, even though the sudden finality can be overwhelming for us who are left here.
  24. Visions of Johanna looks like rain
×
×
  • Create New...