Jump to content

Greg from Chestertown

Forum MVP
  • Posts

    2,178
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    97

Everything posted by Greg from Chestertown

  1. Sing me back home death don’t have no mercy
  2. My mother passed away yesterday afternoon. Of all of the many thoughts as I mourn her passing, I keep coming back to one happy thought that I think we all could relate to. I’m trying to envision the perfect song list for the funeral of a mother. Franklin’s Tower Mama tried Big Railroad Blues Brokedown Palace That’s all I got so far. Feel free to jump in and add to the list.
  3. As a local businessman (Joe the Barber) in Wilmington, De., my father would meet with Joe Biden on occasion, to give him a pulse on the local community. This happened more so in the beginning of his career as a Senator. My sister knocked door to door for his first campaign. I have heard him speak about the importance of family to the point that his entire body was shaking when I was just a boy. What you see is what you get with Joe Biden. How he speaks today is his core. It always has been. While I honestly believe that he is more frail than strong, I hope that he can lead us out of this hell that we find ourselves in. Let the youth take us forward once we get to stable ground.
  4. Don’t forget, he leads the world in trying to golf, also. Congrats on the new born child, Rude. Raising a child is the hardest thing you’ll ever do and the best thing you’ll ever do. My daughter is due on June 2nd. I’m looking forward to being a grandfather, especially, since I have looked like one for so long.
  5. Shakedown on way to commercial, commercial was playing hard to handle, tonight’s game. Pretty sure GD never played those two in that order. Sounds like maybe a DSO elective. Anybody?
  6. Just turned the chiefs game on in time to catch Tony Romo quoting Jerry, if the thunder don’t get you, the lightening will. Infiltration is complete.
  7. Estimated studio version on way to commercial on tonight’s game.
  8. I don’t know you but now believe that I do after reading that, going back to where. You are the same as me. I read it as you probably wrote it, with a stream of conscience. Thank you. I needed that. It was read while 11/30/80 played alongside me. Space into the wheel into China doll. A warm embrace from more than six feet away.
  9. I checked that one out this morning. I love the feelin groovy jam of the ‘73 China Ryders. I also noted a late first set Row Jimmy. I love the ‘broken heart don’t feel so bad’ lyric. If that don’t sum it up nothing does. Followed by a lyric that is some of the best advice ever given. Not too fast and not too slow.....
  10. Every cold I have ever had was worse than this. I was down for about 24 hours. Chills. No loss of smell. Eyes burned a little. I’m counting my good fortune. The best of both worlds. Now I will be immune. No more anxiety. I stayed busy around the house while in lockdown. . A customer (who already had COVID) gave me two 15 foot tall Emerald green Arbor Vitae. I planted them by myself(with a little creativity) while I was ‘sick’. I have had good fortune with COVID.
  11. I got it. I either caught it while voting and brought it to the show or caught it at the show and brought it home to myself. Depends on if you call first symptoms the first time I started coughing or when symptoms got impossible to ignore. I started coughing the day after the show, fever by Thursday. Tested positive on Friday after Halloween. I’m going for another test tomorrow, hopefully negative. Back to work outside, away from customers on Monday. Did contact tracing, my customers are testing negative. Hugh, you’re the only unlucky one I was around. So far.
  12. .....Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own.
  13. That must have only been at your house. I think Tea caught a ‘And we bid you good night’. Ha ha!
  14. I believe that it is the result of the Grateful Dead and their fans taping their shows. It makes the music available, able to transcend time, stay alive. Their unique playing style also helps, as you must try to listen to every tape. If you get into it, you must be a student of the music. Hence, I wide array of Deadheads, some of which weren’t even born until after Jerry died. I don’t see Elvis pulling that off.,
  15. Saint of circumstance on Thursday night football, easing in to commercial.
  16. I was checking this one out this morning, got a kick out of Bobby during lost/Saint. ‘What the Fuck are you gonna do about it!?’
  17. I love it. I have only done blotter less than ten times, shrooms less than ten also but hey, that’s enough to be able to relate. Like someone standing in line with me in Dewey explained it to me, if you’re discussing it with someone who has, no words are necessary, if you’re discussing it with someone who hasn’t, there aren’t enough words. When I was getting into it, I preached that I thought everyone should try it. I read once that the first time is life changing, all the other times is just recreation. I just celebrated the fortieth anniversary if my first trip. Me and another guy who had tripped before split the crumbs from the bottom of a bag that had had two hundred Microdots in it. We split it up on the hood of George Thorogood’s Ford Granada. His girlfriend lived next door. We dropped as the party ended, stayed up all night. Early the next night, I laid in bed freaking out because it wasn’t letting up. I kept hearing the voices of all my friends. After a while, my lady friend came upstairs and got me, brought me downstairs and led me into a surprise birthday party for me. WOW. Turns out the voices of my friends were real. While talking to someone while tripping, I have felt as though I could read their mind. I have painted the black Outlines Of the Stealie perfectly two feet in diameter on a dorm hall wall while tripping. I am not an artist, but I did it. My first trip included the puffy white clouds. We had them again yesterday morning. Puffy white clouds have a different meaning for me. I have sat in a deer stand watching the sun rise only to realize that the sun was sitting still and the earth was turning to bring the sun to me. That experience was decades after my experiences with LSD but I believe that my experiences with LSD enable me to see the world from a more enhanced perspective. It’s not a bad thing. Necessary? Debatable. Definitely not for the feeble minded. Or would it make the feeble minded better. The discussion continues ......
  18. So, for various and sundry reasons, I got into the habit of reading license plate numbers while I am driving. I noticed within the last month or so that new license plates that I have seen, here in Maryland, have a number, then the letters DSO and then three more numbers. I recall reading where Bill K works for the motor vehicle administration. Could this be a coincidence, or a covert, Star head operation, successfully pulled off by Bill or someone else, for the enjoyment of those Of us living in the Dark Star Orchestra world?
  19. Orange you glad that he’s in charge? I keep thinking about how his formal education is at a military school. Scares me. He’s up to something and making headway. All the nonsense that froths from his mouth reminds me of a magician who is flashing his hand around over here while the other hand is putting the rabbit in the hat. There’s the distraction and then there’s the action.
  20. You articulate well, Mojo. Nicely said. Rude’s posts have triggered thoughts with me but I have hesitated to post because this is all about the good ole’ Grateful Dead and Dark Star Orchestra first and foremost. In Rude’s defense, in his posts, it is obvious that this COVID thing has effected his life more than it has effected some of us. His livelihood has vanished. Might as well have taken his testicles. Gotta cut into manliness. He’s freaking and venting, first and foremost.
  21. It has been so nice the last couple of days to watch the news and have it be articles that are positive, forward looking, since Biden announced his VP pick, as opposed to the usual ‘ what stupid thing did Donald do today?’
×
×
  • Create New...