Furthur>colorado

Mango

• Forum MVP

Didn't catch all the shows but jumped on the bus here and there. Furthuur(sat and sun), Portland, Eugene, San Francisco(sat and sun), Petaluma, Santa Cruz, Denver, and Ft. Collins. Most of these shows were unplanned, but you you know, we just ride.

Furthur-...was pretty much what I expected it to be. Hearing jk play with phil and bobby is truly a treat, and I'll dare say that this is the best they have sounded since Jerry's passing. I think it's fair to say that all of the starheads in attendance were proud to see john in the drivers seat(finally) and weren't at all let down(ok well maybe a few of us diddn't like phil and bobby singing jerry tunes but lets not touch that here..). I don't think anyone should be worried about dso. I think that our beloved band has a bit more life left then the furhur boys, so enjoy it while its here!

Portland- Ok, this is maybe my favorite dancing venue ever. Spring loaded dance floor made for an extremely groovin time. First night's franklin tower was bumpin, it almost felt like a trampoline on the floor. Saturday night's elective set was very enjoyable for me. The eyes to open the second set was maybe the best i've seen(though I do say this often...). Crazy Fingers, always a treat for me, was a treat. All in all a good time.

Eugene- Lisa's rendition of 'strange man' was powerful. Not my favorite venue or show.

San Francisco- It has been said by others, saturday night's second set was one of the best ever(nugs!). Jack-a-roe. Sunday night was empty at the start of the show and it was a blast gettin down to the shakedown opener. also a good eyes but it didn't touch portland's....Thanks so much to everyone who was involved wit the starhead house, you guys are truly family.

Petaluma- This show started out weird for me. Bobby couldn't get into the show for a number of reasons...couldn't find a good spot in the venue and felt bad about a friend not being in the show. At set break found out that he could he the music around back and was having a good time(this kid knows what's up). The second set was one of my favorite s of the tour. As far as the grateful dead goes 71-74 is my favorite era and I rarely get to see dso do this. Called the shower when it kicked into el paso( yeah i'm a dork). Really amazing set, absolutely stunning Morning Dew.

Santa Cruz- Acoustic show. The band sounded really good, especially rob barraco, who seemed to really be able to hear himself(and we could really hear him).

Denver- We really weren't supposed to make it to these shows. It wasn't at all practical in any sense. After spending a week or two wandering around north cali camping and looking for work something happened. we were setting up camp in Van Damme state park when we realized that the air mattress we had just purchased required an outlet to inflate. Oops! Of course I had the brilliant idea to throw out our old pads earlier that day because, well, we didn't need them anymore...This, along with a strange encounter with a homeless guy who told us that mountain lions and racoons wander the campsites at night motivated us to move on to another sleeping spot...but where! With no padding underneath us camping no longer seemed a great option.. Deb looked to me and said, 'lets go to denver'. Well, it doesn't take much to convince me. So of we we were, from the coast of california to denver, with about 24 hours til showtime. Long story short we made into the show at the end of loser and the shakedown ensued.

Ft. Collins- Best first set, maybe ever. Best Jack Straw. Best Hurts me teoo. OH yeah, satisfaction>bertha>good lovin opener? Yeah I think they came ready to rock, and rock they did. Second set was excellent too....

The band is sounding great now, playing like the mean it, like they might not get to play it the same way for a while. This is it for me until the new years run. Thanks a ton to everyone who helped along the way, not gonna start throwing out names, but we love you all.

:dsorocks:

Archived