Ridgefield, Ct.

just a dream

Guest Rob Eaton

just so you know we dont set the prices... As it turns out Ridgefield is a very wealthy community and we are still one of the cheapest tickets on their schedule. We always sell out there so it doesn't seem to be a problem for the locals. The good news is there will be gigs in the area at the regular price for those who don't want to pay...... In the end it's all good!

Guest leshweirD
just so you know we dont set the prices... As it turns out Ridgefield is a very wealthy community and we are still one of the cheapest tickets on their schedule. We always sell out there so it doesn't seem to be a problem for the locals. The good news is there will be gigs in the area at the regular price for those who don't want to pay...... In the end it's all good!

Thanks for your response Rob, I kinda figured there was some reason for the much higher ticket price, and I was not thinking it was due to party favors being included...(if only the party favors were that cheap... :rofl: )

I am looking forward to seeing you guys again in New England, and when I saw you all were playing here, I was stoked, but then shocked, at the cost. I was thinking to self, wow, I am not sure who will be playing in John's spot that particular night, but whoever it is, they are quite costly! :D

Hearing that you all do not set the prices, and it is due to the venue, makes much more sense! :P

Rock on...

• Advisory Board

I would highly advise anyone going to that place to not "narc" out the undercover police that love to patrol the lot.... Police presence is extremely high at that venue, so becareful about what you do when you are not inside at the show...

had to chime in on this topic, as I live in the next town over (wilton) and have had some great times seeing dso at the playhouse. ridgefield is not really a wealthy town, but the venue is kind of a high end expensive place. to eaton's point though, there is a lot of demand in the area and this place always sells out (once i contemplated buying two off stub hub for 180). lots of older deadheads in the area looking to leave their houses for a night to remember what going to a dead show was like. When I first saw what they were charging a few years back for dso, it struck me as ridiculous, but I never once hesitated to jump on the tickets. it was simply too cool to have dso playing in my back yard...perfect way to start off a summer being home from school...chill at my pool and then slip over to the venue. now if we can just get furthur to come play there.....

The point is that the venue has only 500 seats, not that the town is/isn't wealthy. When you divide the cost of the band + venue overheads by so few seats, it can be relatively expensive. The trade-off is that there are no bad seats and the sound is great! But beware of the PD across the street...

Rob, any possibility of The Wellmont?

If that's the case, I'll phreak out!!!

I live right next to the Wellmont and saw you guys both times you played there, and would love to get to say hi again after the show as you guys seemed to do!

We need more DSO!

Peace and <3

Tyler

had to chime in on this topic, as I live in the next town over (wilton) and have had some great times seeing dso at the playhouse. ridgefield is not really a wealthy town, but the venue is kind of a high end expensive place. to eaton's point though, there is a lot of demand in the area and this place always sells out (once i contemplated buying two off stub hub for 180). lots of older deadheads in the area looking to leave their houses for a night to remember what going to a dead show was like. When I first saw what they were charging a few years back for dso, it struck me as ridiculous, but I never once hesitated to jump on the tickets. it was simply too cool to have dso playing in my back yard...perfect way to start off a summer being home from school...chill at my pool and then slip over to the venue. now if we can just get furthur to come play there.....

Living in Fairfield County a good part of my life, I disagree that it is "not really a wealthy town". Jeffrey Immelt the CEO of GE lives there as well as other notable high net worth individuals. Fairfield county is always ranked in the top 5 wealthiest counties in the country. As Mr. Eaton pointed out, DSO always sells out there and yes they are consistently the cheapest ticket.

The only problem with the Ridgefield playhouse is the cop shop next door. Booh!

Archived