Tripp's Passing

Guest sugamagnolia

Guest sugamagnolia

(This is my first time posting... please forgive me if I leave out expected info. - very sad)

Good afternoon my fellow DSO loved ones. I know my posting comes a few weeks after the fact but in all the sadness and planning I forgot to check to see if this message board was updated. Apparently not.

I first met Kevin (aka Tripp) at Wilmer's Park (Brandywine, MD)... then stayed at his house many a time (Potomac, MD - River Road)... then about 11 years ago, my friend Kevin made the purchase of a lifetime - "The Farm" - our beloved Sunshine Daydream Campground, Terra Alta, WV. I saw one of my first DSO show's on the main stage and in the barn. I also accompanyed him and Emily at the head table on their wedding day. Such fond memories I have of him, and his light and love for music (and that laugh). So many times "a good talking to in the kitchen or our on the porch" would keep me on my toes, and I'd go right back to Father Tripp for fun and adventure.

I haven't spoken about his passing to anyone but one of my dearest friends with whom I have spent countless hours at the farm.

Alass, I have not been to the farm in many years, (I think) because the scene changed - maybe I changed?? I'll leave it at that.

Ok, now you're all saying, "Get to the point girl." I'm sorry, I thought you should know a little back ground. :)

Kevin has left his Earthly bound body for a better realm. Many people are coming from across the country/globe this weekend to put "Tripp" to rest at the farm as he has touch so many lives in his unknown (LOL) years! I thought that some of you might have been there with us in the past um-teen years of music loving, camping out, dancing, smoking down good times. I didn't know if anyone knew - I also have not seen much online (NLQP.com has his photo) just really a work of mouth about his passing and funeral services this saturday at the farm at 1pm.

As sad of a passing this is, I know Kev would just tell me that it's one more good reason to kick up your heals and just dance.

Good bye to my friend... Thank you for all you have given to us... Thank you.

Archived