Boulder Shows (4/9-10)

P2inboulder

As expected (But not embraced) the first show I went into with an open mind. Being the FNG's third show , I was expecting the breaking in, new car smell. The first set was in complete disarrray. The second set was a little better, but overall was probably one of the least best (Don't want to use the worst word) shows that I have seen. But the true professionals that they are( There must have been a mandatory band chemistry class Saturday morning) they unhinged the place Saturday night. To the band, a most stellar adjustment. To Starheads......Everything's gonna be alright.

• Forum MVP

So far, Saturday's show (three nights after "Last Night" and for those keeping track: Boulder Theater, April 10, 2010) is the only one that I have seen of this tour to date. More will come.

I won't go into a song-by-song exegesis. That is not my style, and others have done it elsewhere, or not as the case may be. Keeping track of impressions like that is too much like work whilst dancing. But I will offer this: it was good. Damn good. Really, really oustanding.

For me, the highlight of the first set was the BEW and Masterpiece. Second set was off the chart in terms of both energy and gelling of the band with Stu. The Dear Mr. Fantasy > Hey Jude had the crowd (from my perspective) fully engaged, and the singalong had a high participation rate.

Tangled Up in Blue was a good call for the closer. It showcased Stu perfectly.

Support live music.

Archived