Kaki King

neutrino

Going to her show at the Fillmore in San Francisco next week. Discovered her playing from the music in the movie "August Rush". After seeing the movie, I was intriqued enough to look into who was actually playing the amazing guitar material. Her hands are actually filmed close up in the movie when the kid is playing. Interested in whether anyone has seen her play live and what they thought. From what I can gather, she is doing a bit more electric rock material in this tour than previous shows that were mainly acoustic.

Going to her show at the Fillmore in San Francisco next week. Discovered her playing from the music in the movie "August Rush". After seeing the movie, I was intriqued enough to look into who was actually playing the amazing guitar material. Her hands are actually filmed close up in the movie when the kid is playing. Interested in whether anyone has seen her play live and what they thought. From what I can gather, she is doing a bit more electric rock material in this tour than previous shows that were mainly acoustic.

She was in town here last week but i forgot until the day of the show and decided to bag it. I believe she is tourin with a band now but i might be wrong.

I have her "Legs" CD and it's pretty good. She reminds me a little of Michael Hedges, especially with her heavy tapping technique.

She also did a couple of the songs from the "Into the Wild" movie but they were not released on the soundtrack.

She was in town here last week but i forgot until the day of the show and decided to bag it. I believe she is tourin with a band now but i might be wrong.

I have her "Legs" CD and it's pretty good. She reminds me a little of Michael Hedges, especially with her heavy tapping technique.

She also did a couple of the songs from the "Into the Wild" movie but they were not released on the soundtrack.

She most certainly was influenced by the late great Michael Hedges. In fact, she plays the Hedges song Ritual Dance in August Rush, and the hands seen playing in the clip are her's:

Rolling Stone Magazine named her as the first female "Guitar God" in 2006. Looking forward to hearing what she does next week and seeing for myself is she is a Guitar God (whatever the fuck that means!) LOL!!

Archived