The Grateful Dead

tbones

A while ago some groovy cats from california got together to play music. ...........They altered time and space. They shaped personality and interest. For me at 15 Jerry , Bobby , Phil, Billy, Mickey, and Vince provided a lifestyle that opened the doorway to today. If I could have one wish It would not be returning to a show in the past. I would choose to be at a show in the future. I'd like to make a wish to attend the Grateful Dead dances of of the future. Humans will be be human. Value strange. Transcend the day to day and step out of the box.

• Forum MVP

It does speak to the transcendental power of the music when one looks around at shows (be it at Furthur, DSO, or any other group bringing the fire down from heaven) and sees that the audience now encompasses fully 3 generations. The future is forever unfolding now.

• Forum MVP

A while ago some groovy cats from california got together to play music. ...........They altered time and space. They shaped personality and interest. For me at 15 Jerry , Bobby , Phil, Billy, Mickey, and Vince provided a lifestyle that opened the doorway to today. If I could have one wish It would not be returning to a show in the past. I would choose to be at a show in the future. I'd like to make a wish to attend the Grateful Dead dances of of the future. Humans will be be human. Value strange. Transcend the day to day and step out of the box.

I would love to go back to the 80's and experience it all over again or go back to the 70's and get on the bus during those years ... I missed out on the 70's Grateful Dead because of a different musical focus then ... I would like to give you some advice , and that would be to NOT take what you read on this forum so seriously ... some of it is very artificially made up just to get a rise out of whoever falls into the trap ... I've fallen in the traps , you've fallen in and others have too ... enjoy the music you love and don't feel like you have to explain yourself over it ... remember there is enjoyment to be found in all GD music of all years no matter what band is playing the music and most definitely in the band you always stand up for here !!! :)

Archived