Wii + Archive = ?

You Are Here

Guessing I am not the only one who thinks this would be cool and ought to be doable and wondering how to git r dun.

I want to play archive shows through my Wii which would make it easy to surf up a show in my living room which would be cool.

Alas so far I have the following unsuccessful results:

1 - the embedded player doesn't load up all the way in the wii opera browser. there's no play button to click and clicking the titles in the player window doesn't start them playing. interestingly enough the dso web site embedded player DOES work perfectly in the wii opera browser. Way to go webed or whoever's behind that!

2 - the various M3U and MP3 files all are "unsuported MIME types" so clicking them gets those kinds of error messages but no music.

3 - Interestingly there is a wiimusic.net site that has a workable embedded player via the opera browser but all the music there is lame and no GD-related stations and no through-acces to archive or other mp3 data.

4 - there are lots of helpful bits ont he web about how to use the wii picture viewer as a mp3 player but that technique only plays local mp3 files, say from a usb or sd card. Doesn't seem to haev any applicability to streaming, say, from archive.

Well if I solve this puzzle I will post the answers back here. In the mean time if anyone cares and has info I'll be grateful for it.

cheers.

:D

• Forum MVP

aint gonna happen... wii just doesnt support the archive (and a lot of other websites' content).

ps3 can do it though..

good luck and i hope you can prove me wrong!

(miss you buddy!)

• Forum MVP

unfortunately, no... :( :( it will be my first one to miss in 4 years.

(i got a job as a graduate assistant at portland state university (where i will obtain my masters as well), so i need to save $$ for the move..)

• Forum MVP

portland you say?

sounds like I got a flop for the next shows in the rose city!

:) miss you too man be safe

nothing would please me more!! you know you'll always have a place to stay!

unfortunately, no... :( :( it will be my first one to miss in 4 years.

(i got a job as a graduate assistant at portland state university (where i will obtain my masters as well), so i need to save $$ for the move..)

Glad you got the job, :cheers: but gonna miss ya during the sets! :(

Peace,

Joe

Archived