Just To Let You Know A Few Things I Am Up Too.....

Vortex

• Forum MVP

Just to let you know a few things I am up too.....

First, I would like to state how much of a pleasure it is to play with Jeff. I really like what he brings to the table, mind melting guitar work and... I have been very impressed by his vocals. In addition, I really like his work ethic. He has shown a great desire to always learn new things and I enjoy learning from him. He's also heavily into working on and recording original material and he comes up with great stuff. Only time will tell if anything happens with it but it's a blast to write stuff with jeff and as a band. I am very much looking to a long musical life with Jeff.

I also really enjoyed the tour Stu Allen played. I thought he hit his stride about a week in. Portland, San Francisco (the 2nd night especially with his parents in the audience), and the southern California shows, along with the one drummer Oregon shows I enjoyed the most.

I look forward to playing some more gigs with Stu in the near future on my time off with DSO as we spend time in some of the same places . His parents live close by and I talked him into doing a gig with me when he comes to visit. My Mom and many family members live in St. Louis where he does gigs so I hope to fit in a gig here and there while I visit St. Louis as well. I've been asked and have accepted a gig with The Schwag/Dead Ahead at Schwagstock July 23 and 24 which Stu is playing.

So I feel blessed to be able to continue to play with Jeff and Stu, two very talented and very different players.

I also will be sitting in with the Grateful Dead band "Born Cross Eyed" this Saturday in Lexington KY. If it goes well perhaps there will be more gigs with them in the future. ... which is nice because it's right down the street from where I live. Sounds like fun to me. ... more info on that on the schedule page.

I actually will have an operation to have my pacemaker replaced tomorrow (June 14) but the Dr. says i should be good to go by Saturdays gig with Born Cross Eyed.... just no crazy drum solo's. ...till I'm back on the road with DSO.

I still plan to fit in an occasional jazz trio gig with stellar guitarist Ben Lacy and Bob Bryant locally in Lexington. Nothing scheduled but the gigs pop up quick.

As far as original music, I'm playing with my old original band Vitamin A in St. Louis Aug 21nd. More info should be up on the schedule page soon.

And most exciting, I think DSO should be at a point in the near future where we can let you hear some of the original music recordings we have been tinkering with.

...And our sound check gig at Nelson Ledges should be a lot of fun too.

The greatest thing is I feel very fortunate and happy to be playing with my fellow band mates in Dark Star Orchestra. I feel really good about the band as it is now.

Thank you all for your continued support and looking forward to seeing you out there this summer,

Dino

Archived