Coney Island: 6/27

VincentPuleo

• Forum MVP

This was an amazing two night run in Brooklyn and I feel it could be recognized as a special one as far as post-Grateful Dead bands go with Bobby and Phil.

Last night's show was the best music I have ever heard in any band that Phil and Bobby have had. The sound of Grateful Dead was channeled last night on a level I've only heard in DSO. To be honest, I was actually surprised at how fluid it all was... every transition and jam was radiating with energy and direction.

I was going to write a song by song review but I've come to realize it be pointless for everything played last night just came together as one. Every solo John played, I mean every single one... was beautiful. I feel like I've noticed progression in his playing in the past two years since I first saw Dark Star Orchestra. I also experienced my third Dew played by John... healed my soul.

The issue of who sings each song is something I forgot about. Last night there was no Bobby and Phil featuring... it was truly one band.

P.S. Blues For Allah was incredible...

Set I:

Golden Road>

Good Lovin'

The Music Never Stopped

Sugar Magnolia>

Dear Mr Fantasy>

Scarlet Begonias>

Magnolia Mountain>

Uncle John's Band

Set II:

Unbroken Chain

Fire On The Mountain>

The Other One>

Cryptical Envelopment>

Blues For Allah

Morning Dew

Eyes Of The World

Help On The Way>

Slipknot!>

Franklin's Tower

Encore:

Box Of Rain

Happy Birthday JK!..

• Forum MVP

This was an amazing two night run in Brooklyn and I feel it could be recognized as a special one as far as post-Grateful Dead bands go with Bobby and Phil.

Last night's show was the best music I have ever heard in any band that Phil and Bobby have had. The sound of Grateful Dead was channeled last night on a level I've only heard in DSO. To be honest, I was actually surprised at how fluid it all was... every transition and jam was radiating with energy and direction.

I was going to write a song by song review but I've come to realize it be pointless for everything played last night just came together as one. Every solo John played, I mean every single one... was beautiful. I feel like I've noticed progression in his playing in the past two years since I first saw Dark Star Orchestra. I also experienced my third Dew played by John... healed my soul.

The issue of who sings each song is something I forgot about. Last night there was no Bobby and Phil featuring... it was truly one band.

Set I:

Golden Road>

Good Lovin'

The Music Never Stopped

Sugar Magnolia>

Dear Mr Fantasy>

Scarlet Begonias>

Magnolia Mountain>

Uncle John's Band

Set II:

Unbroken Chain

Let It Grow

Fire On The Mountain>

The Other One>

Cryptical Envelopment>

Blues For Allah

Morning Dew

Eyes Of The World

Help On The Way>

Slipknot!>

Franklin's Tower

Encore:

Box Of Rain

this was my first furthur show.... what a great time...agree with vp above.... can say i've seen them, but i'd rather see dso.........

• Forum MVP

Set I:

Golden Road>

Good Lovin'

The Music Never Stopped

Sugar Magnolia>

Dear Mr Fantasy>

Scarlet Begonias>

Magnolia Mountain>

Uncle John's Band

Set II:

Unbroken Chain

Let It Grow

Fire On The Mountain>

The Other One>

Cryptical Envelopment>

Blues For Allah

Morning Dew

Eyes Of The World

Help On The Way>

Slipknot!>

Franklin's Tower

Encore:

Box Of Rain

this was my first furthur show.... what a great time...agree with vp above.... can say i've seen them, but i'd rather see dso.........

Archived