6/29 Otto's

You Are Here

04-11-72 City Hall, Newcastle upon Tyne, England (Tue)

1: Greatest, Deal, Mr. Charlie, B. T. Wind, Tennessee Jed, Big Boss Man, BIODTL, Sugaree, Jack Straw, Chinatown Shuffle, China Cat> I Know You Rider, Playin, Next Time, B. E. Women, L. L. Rain, Big RxR Blues, Casey Jones

2: Good Lovin, Ramble On, Truckin> Drums> Other One> Comes A Time> Sugar Magnolia E: Brokedown

(Dino on drums)

Elective: You Ain't Woman Enough

(Koritz on drums)

Another excellent show. THE highlight for me was Eaton's vocal performance on the LL Rain coda. He reached some dizzying heights on that one and also on the earlier BT Wind. I also was diggin lots of tasty bits of guitaring by Eaton throughout the show, especially in the China>Rider jam. Big RxR and Casey was a happy feet fest, with Mattson's bouncy jamming leading the way. Chinatown seemed extra funky too. The second set was smooth as silk. The Good Lovin opener was smokin right from the first bar with cool bass melodies by Kevin and a serious jam that was far-out enough to forget which song it started in, even though it's the first of a set. Ramble On and Comes a Time were both sung beautifully by Mattson. Hot Truckin and Sugarmag surrounded a delicious hour of continuous music. The very centerpiece of that hour was the brisk explosion into TOO from Dino's impressive solo drumz. That really jolted the crowd into action. Brokedown was beautifully done also with the DSO vocal ensemble in full flower, and then Lisa put on a whole extra show crammed into one little song with the elective.

Nice. Good night in DeKalb.

:)

• Forum MVP

Well, an 18 song first set proves that a lot of some things is just exactly perfect! And the job Lisa does on You Ain't Woman Enough...biggrin.gif

Redeye flight tonight - next stop, cooler weather and good company and grate tunes... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Archived