Utica 7/30/2010

dancin on a pin

The show was kick ass, I think it was 10/23/1971 somewhere in Detroit, may have the day wrong but got the month, year and city correct. Set list was an incredible long first set, opened with Bertha, Jeff was wearing a green t-shirt. I enjoyed Comes A Time, there was a different verse in it and the tempo was a bit faster. Stephen says it was probable one of the first ever played. Broken Down first set ended with One More Saturday Night. Truckin was incredible, second set. Second set opened with Casey Jones. Everything was real slippery. Closed the show with Not Fade Away - Going Down the Road-Not Fade Away, smokin. A bunch of good old Grateful Dead, all the songs you know and love. The only difference was the way they were played, off the charts. Loved everything, Jack Straw made me smile, Me and My Uncle, El Paso. No encore, filler was Easy Wind with an intro from Rob stating this was a sample of what's to come tonight, can't wait. Greatest Story and Let It Rock. I danced so hard I've got blisters on my toes, where's the good doctor when you need him. I still have those band-aids Barry and thankfully they will come in handy for tonights dancing. Sound was great compared to two years ago, thank you Cotter. Weather was beautiful crowd wasn't too bad. Looking forward to Buffalo. More will be posted.

Archived