Ship of Fools

Estimated-->

Eyes-->

Drumz-->

IKO

Sugar Mag

U S Blues

Filler: Mr. Charlie

TIny ampiheatrer along the Big Sandy River in Huntington Wv......original venue "just a 5 iron a way". Very hot night with a pause for bug spray all around the stage (even they were buzzin).

Lisa was back (YAY!)....and naturally they scorched it..

The river is the Ohio River, the venue where the original show was performed is now called the Big Sandy Arena.

I thought the show was amazing! Being a Huntington native this show has always been special to me and I was so stoked that they did it!!! For me the highlight was the estimated> eyes> drums. And the Mr. Charlie extra was a nice little treat. It was ungodly hot and humid but that didn't seem to slow anyone down.

On a personal note, this was a special show for another reason for me. I am blessed with great parents who try their hardest to understand me and my music. My mom has seen The Dead and DSO and enjoys them, while my dad has just not been able to grasp it. He likes panic though. But he went to this DSO show and loved it! I had taken him to the Gov't Mule show there last week and thought that was way more up his alley, but he said he liked DSO better! I think I've converted another one!

Guest bengalsfanatic85

Wow, no reviews? This show was incredible! I'm new to the boards and this is my first post. Been lurking for awhile and its time I add my 2 cents.

First off, AMAZING venue! Beautiful riverfront view with cool stage, even though it was on the smaller side.

I felt like this set was built for me. I have been listening to 78 shows NONSTOP for the past month, and got to hear everything I had yet to see Furthur or DSO play before.

This was only my 2nd DSO, but I can tell you I am now addicted! Cassidy, Dire Wolf, and Peggy were all great, along with a killer Mexi>Mama. Scarlet>Fire was something I had been waiting for ever since I started listening to the Dead and it was a thrill to finally hear it live. What a way to close the 1st set.

After thj bug attack at the start of the 2nd set ( I felt so bad for Koritz!) it was non-stop magic for the rest of the night. Eyes took me to a place I never thought I could ever reach. Ship was moving, Iko was fun, and Mister Charlie was a real treat to hear Barraco croon.

In only 2 shows this band has taken me by a stranglehold. I'm so happy to have finally given this band my attention, and look forward to many shows in the future, especially Covington and Nashville on Halloween.

Archived