Is Dso A Tribute Band?

Still Truckin

Guest jazz-man

I never know how to describe DSO to people, they may be a "tribute band" but they are so much more. I usually end up saying "they play Grateful Dead music better than anyone on the planet right now".

I never know how to describe DSO to people, they may be a "tribute band" but they are so much more. I usually end up saying "they play Grateful Dead music better than anyone on the planet right now".

I usually tell people that DSO creates an experience where I am transported back to a place that was always peak for me, that I thought was gone in 1995 and which has magically returned to fill a void of fun/music/love that desperately needed filling. And they are just frakkin great musicians playing the music that moves me like no other! (even Row Jimmy!) ;)

• Forum MVP

Having got on the bus during the Pigpen era and the new arrivals (Keith & Donna), my two cents. Deadheads orginially viewed the DSO as a tribute band and Rob caught hell on DeadCentral. Some have come to realize they're different in scope, but playing the same music. I've come to appreciate DSO and the ability to renew my youth.

Archived