Rob Eaton Appreciation Thread ...

comesatime

I dig his take on "CC Rider", and "It's All Over Now" :cheers:

Also love his interpretation on the chorus of PITB he plays the G D A part as a G7 at the 12th & D or D7 and the 12 too, really gives a nice balance to Mattson playing it in 1st position and pumps you up for Lisa to deliver a amazing scream that drives the crowd wild! hmm i pay to much attention to his guitar work, gotta love it.

Putting his playing and singing prowess aside for the moment, appreciation for his "behind the scenes" work should be saluted as well. Picking the shows for every tour, cross-referencing all previous shows played and locations, so that the fans see something different every time they come to your town. Engineering and mastering the shows for our listening pleasure etc. Lots more that I'm sure we don't know about.

Can't say it enough......Thanks to Band and crew for all you do!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jazz-man

In a little over a month I'll be heading to the NW run of shows in Bellingham and Seattle and Portland and Eugene. If I get a chance I want to be on the rail watching the band, particularily the guitarists since I fool around on guitar, maybe I can learn some chops by osmosis. But I especially like to watch Rob's guitar playing, so very tasteful and it adds so much to the overall mix of the songs. Any 'regular' rhythm player would just not cut it on our music!

I'll throw my 2 cents into this thread. No need for me to comment on his playing or singing, as we all know he's very talented. I'd rather comment on the guy who's supported me and helped me out more times than I can count. His kindness and generosity are way beyond anything I would ever expect from a "rock star". Rob, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for being a friend. :)

Archived