Rob Eaton Appreciation Thread ...

comesatime

Rob, it is about time we show our gratitude for all you do to keep DSO a viable, powerful, growing band. We are INCREDIBLY FORTUNATE that you have put so much time and effort into many aspects of the band, and you bring your best to the stage each night DSO plays. That is not to say that you are "just exactly perfect", as Bobby is so famous for uttering, but the level of professionalism you show, while at the same time being loose enough to have fun on stage with the rest of your bandmates, is part of what keeps me on the bus. The way you have worked with Jeff, as an example, helping him adjust to his new role, has been very rewarding to witness. I am also thrilled that you have taken it upon yourself to be the mixer / masterer of the shows you have opted to upload to Nugs for us to enjoy, as you are quite the expert at such things. We Starheads could always benefit from having more of these shows available, but I understand that this process is time consuming, and your primary focus is, of course, on playing in the band.

So, thank you, Rob, for everything you do :)

Topher

• Forum MVP

Appreciation thread for Eaton?

I'm on board.

Thanks Rob, for everything you've done for the betterment of the scene.

It's quite an understatement to say it been a hell of a fucking lot. We owe you a debt of gratitude for all your work, in the world of the Grateful Dead and the world of Dark Star Orchestra (they really seem to be one in the same).

Gracias.

• Forum MVP

its not ass kissing if its a fact!! :P

rob- you are seriously a master of the GD rhythm guitar. Us GD geeks agree- your intricate rhythms are consistently mind blowing...i know of no other player touring today that comes close. And your vocals are the best in the big leagues..

cant wait till April and my first ever hometown show!!!!

• Forum MVP

its not ass kissing if its a fact!! :P

rob- you are seriously a master of the GD rhythm guitar. Us GD geeks agree- your intricate rhythms are consistently mind blowing...i know of no other player touring today that comes close. And your vocals are the best in the big leagues..

cant wait till April and my first ever hometown show!!!!

Its still ass kissing and man on man crushing. Be real. I too appreciate what Rob does for this music, the scene, and the band we all love, but this thread is a little over the top in my opinion. Maybe you guys should PM and confess your love. :wub::rofl:

• Forum MVP

Its still ass kissing and man on man crushing. Be real. I too appreciate what Rob does for this music, the scene, and the band we all love, but this thread is a little over the top in my opinion. Maybe you guys should PM and confess your love. wub.gifrofl.gif

- - - - - - -

Its still ass kissing and man on man crushing. Be real. I too appreciate what Rob does for this music, the scene, and the band we all love, but this thread is a little over the top in my opinion. Maybe you guys should PM and confess your love. :wub::rofl:

:icon14:

• Forum MVP

Oh, what a hunka manflesh. Of course all you guys are hot and bothered by him. Don't feel bad. Don't try to deny your feelings anymore. It can't be helped and it's natural. Go with it, by brothahs!!

(Feel any better now?)

And, yeah, those of us who have an appreciation for music, and the dedicated and talented folks who go to such great lenghts to deliver that music to us, salute Rob, and the many others who do so much to help us live our dream.

• Forum MVP

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I sense a Caveman song a comin'.

Guest jazz-man

My favorite place at a show is on the rail in front of Eaton. I dig watching him play guitar and wonder "why the hell can't I play that good and imaginative?". And there is lots more behind the scenes stuff that we don't see that you do for the band and for us. Like they used to say in Hee Haw "Sa-lute!".

• Forum MVP

Oh come on rick, we know you love him the most. :wub:

I attended my first GD show in '73. In all of the years between that first show and 1995, I have to say that I really didn't pay attention to Bobby's guitar playing all that much. It was usually great, but I suppose I just was too involved in listening to what Jerry was doing to give Bobby the attention he deserved. I also found Bobby was often turned down fairly low in the mix, so it just didn't have that much impact on me. With DSO, it is a completely different story. I have found myself on many occasions listening to what Rob is playing more than anyone else in the band. He just plays a stunning rhythm style that fits seamlessly with the rest of the band. At DSO shows, I try to get up fairly close to the front and stand in direct line with Rob's stage speakers for maximum effect. On many occasions I've just been blown away watching and listening to Rob's playing and turn more of my attention to it than the lead guitar. This is a complete change from my earlier experience with the GD.

Thank you Rob for everything you do for this band and audience!

• Forum MVP

I attended my first GD show in '73. In all of the years between that first show and 1995, I have to say that I really didn't pay attention to Bobby's guitar playing all that much. It was usually great, but I suppose I just was too involved in listening to what Jerry was doing to give Bobby the attention he deserved. I also found Bobby was often turned down fairly low in the mix, so it just didn't have that much impact on me. With DSO, it is a completely different story. I have found myself on many occasions listening to what Rob is playing more than anyone else in the band. He just plays a stunning rhythm style that fits seamlessly with the rest of the band. At DSO shows, I try to get up fairly close to the front and stand in direct line with Rob's stage speakers for maximum effect. On many occasions I've just been blown away watching and listening to Rob's playing and turn more of my attention to it than the lead guitar. This is a complete change from my earlier experience with the GD.

Thank you Rob for everything you do for this band and audience!

I think you nailed it right there. Rob has given me a much better appreciation for what Bobby brought to the table. Always very easy to focus completely on Jerry and Phil and miss what Bobby was bringing (for various reasons you mentioned). Rob has brought that to the forefront and I couldn't be happier about that. Can't wait for March in Seattle!!!

Archived