Front Street In Berkeley 4/8/11

neutrino

I was really looking forward to seeing Front Street again. However, it is very puzzling that they picked the second of the three nights that DSO will be playing in San Francisco for a Berkeley show. I realize that there are always scheduling constraints for both performers and venues, but this is a unfortunate situation for those who want to see both bands.. It's also a bad thing for ticket sales for all. It's hard to believe that Front Street didn't take this into account. Since I had planned to only go to the first and third nights for DSO, Frontstreet on the middle night would still work out. However, I'm not really a three-night-in-a-row concertgoer anymore, and usually prefer to skip a middle show when there are three. Part of getting older, I guess. Frontstreet on the second night of DSO would appear to be the worst of all date choices.

:wacko:

Guest Lisacat

I was really looking forward to seeing Front Street again. However, it is very puzzling that they picked the second of the three nights that DSO will be playing in San Francisco for a Berkeley show. I realize that there are always schedule constraints for both performers and venues, but this is a rather unfortunate situation for those who want to see both bands.. It's also a bad thing for ticket sales for all. It's hard to believe that Front Street didn't take this into account.

wacko.gif

I saw the same thing this morning....I swear these promoter's don't look at other band schedules. Oh well I obviously know where I'll be.....

I saw the same thing this morning....I swear these promoter's don't look at other band schedules. Oh well I obviously know where I'll be.....

Well, there's always Felton on the 30th, but Berkeley is a much easier trip for me. It just seems highly unlikely to me that whoever picked this date didn't know about the DSO shows. One thing seems pretty clear--some of those attending the GAMH on the 8th would have been in Berkeley that night, and some at Ashkenaz would have been at the GAMH if things were different. Perhaps there was just no other choice for the bandmembers schedule, as well as open nights at Ashkenaz.

Archived