The Schedule...from Band Sites!

jljbirdq

Guest crazy digits

fucking egg shells again..

egg shells or sunshine, egg shells or sunshine hmmm?

honey or stick in the eye, honey or stick in the eye hmmm?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually it was Evan who didn't want us playing on Thursday this year..... Go Figure!

So are you saying NO music from anyone Thursday the 30th including DSO? If that's true, Evan needs to confirm it ASAP so people won't ask for Thursday off if they don't need to. If there is NO music Thursday night, then we can all just take off Friday morning to set up camp in time for Friday's music.

Does this mean I should drop DSO on the 30th from my mock schedule? Oops, JGB is also showing on their site a 4:00 start on July 3rd....same time Rusted Root shows on their website. Obviously one site has incorrect information.

:dsorocks:

jbirdq -

why don't you just drop your mock schedule... show up on or before the 30th and enjoy the music....

Just thought it was helpful as 4 bands haven't been announced yet but show Gratefulfest on their websites (JiMiller Band, Carlos Jones & the PLUS Band, Willy Mac Music, & the Folkadelics). I hadn't heard of any of them before and after checking them out online, I am interested in all 4 of them! They're nice additions!

I believe the more people know who will be playing and when, the more likely they will be to attend thus selling more tickets. Besides, some people may have to ask for Thursday off to catch the music (if there is any on Thursday) and the sooner they ask the better. Personally, I'd rather not take off work Thursday if there isn't any music. Others may have to hook up rides too.

Just trying to help.

Guinness is too.

To me, Guiness is too heavy for summer. I get dehydrated too easily on Guiness during the summer.

Ain't no Fat Tire in Ohio....

But there is Fat Tire in Indiana :).....I used to bring Newcastle in cans until Fat Tire was available in cans.

• Forum MVP

To me, Guiness is too heavy for summer. I get dehydrated too easily on Guiness during the summer.

But there is Fat Tire in Indiana smile.gif.....I used to bring Newcastle in cans until Fat Tire was available in cans.

I hear ya about the Guinness outside in the sun...like a porkchop in every glass though I do love it so...sometimes something a little lighter may work out better...

157.gif

This could come in handy in all kind of social situations.

I'll be honest, I spent some time in CA and did NOT care much for Fat Tire. It was good, but all the talk around here had me expecting legendary, and ehhh...I don't know. Maybe it's just the way I am.

Now Iron City and Duquesne beer(s) in cans? That's mother's milk, folks...:icon14:

• Forum MVP

But there is Fat Tire in Indiana :).....I used to bring Newcastle in cans until Fat Tire was available in cans.

you bring the Fat Tire... I got the Newcastle.... we will kind of do like a spy exchange... meet at the beach and for every cold newcastle a cold Fat Tire....

I'll be honest, I spent some time in CA and did NOT care much for Fat Tire. It was good, but all the talk around here had me expecting legendary, and ehhh...I don't know. Maybe it's just the way I am.

Now Iron City and Duquesne beer(s) in cans? That's mother's milk, folks...:icon14:

Iron City..... you must be one of them there folks that are missing a few teeth and still smile smile smile... :unsure:

Just thought it was helpful as 4 bands haven't been announced yet but show Gratefulfest on their websites (JiMiller Band, Carlos Jones & the PLUS Band, Willy Mac Music, & the Folkadelics). I hadn't heard of any of them before and after checking them out online, I am interested in all 4 of them! They're nice additions!

I believe the more people know who will be playing and when, the more likely they will be to attend thus selling more tickets. Besides, some people may have to ask for Thursday off to catch the music (if there is any on Thursday) and the sooner they ask the better. Personally, I'd rather not take off work Thursday if there isn't any music. Others may have to hook up rides too.

Just trying to help.

the only reason to take Thursday off is to get to the Ledges to set up camp ... and hope for music...

BUT - if you have not been to the Ledges then you should know that the park will be quite full by WEDNESDAY... lots of folks come in 2 to 4 days early .... WACKO'S RIGHT ? .. :wacko:

you bring the Fat Tire... I got the Newcastle.... we will kind of do like a spy exchange... meet at the beach and for every cold newcastle a cold Fat Tire....

Deal...

jljbirdq,

I really don't care if there's music on Thursday or not. I'll be there Wednesday at noon. There is nothing better than to be at NLQP during the "calm before the storm." It so nice and quiet. Plus, we make our own music at our campsite. There are other people that make music at their respective sites. Just walk around and enjoy the sights and sounds!!!!!!

Maybe there will be another impromptu tramp jam (if Eaton Jr. arrives early and brings the trampoline).

Deal...

jljbirdq,

I really don't care if there's music on Thursday or not. I'll be there Wednesday at noon. There is nothing better than to be at NLQP during the "calm before the storm." It so nice and quiet. Plus, we make our own music at our campsite. There are other people that make music at their respective sites. Just walk around and enjoy the sights and sounds!!!!!!

Maybe there will be another impromptu tramp jam (if Eaton Jr. arrives early and brings the trampoline).

I'd still love some official music Thursday night.

ame='jimo' date='01 June 2011 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1306959803' post='112065']

I'd still love some official music Thursday night.

We all would love official music Thursday night. If it happens, great. I'll still be a happy man walking around NLQP.

• Forum MVP

You kids need to stop worrying about times and who is and isn't playing (jljbirdq). I know some of you aren't worried. We have a DSO three nights. Let's not worry about the rest and we will have some good music to listen to outside of the band we all love. I'm going early regardless and I don't care who is confirmed and official for Thursday. If work is that important, go to work on Thursday. Hell go to work on Friday. You won't miss much because work is more important than the playground. The Ledges is the place to be by Tuesday. The campgrounds. The beach. The people. There isn't a place I'd rather be than Nelson's Ledges Quarry Park. See you kids at the playground.

• Forum MVP

You kids need to stop worrying about times and who is and isn't playing (jljbirdq). I know some of you aren't worried. We have a DSO three nights. Let's not worry about the rest and we will have some good music to listen to outside of the band we all love. I'm going early regardless and I don't care who is confirmed and official for Thursday. If work is that important, go to work on Thursday. Hell go to work on Friday. You won't miss much because work is more important than the playground. The Ledges is the place to be by Tuesday. The campgrounds. The beach. The people. There isn't a place I'd rather be than Nelson's Ledges Quarry Park. See you kids at the playground.

It is Thursday, and I'm at work. It seems like maybe it is important. Hell, tomorrow is Friday and I'll go to work then too. herdy.gif

RickE- the only one worrying is jbirdq ... don't but me in that group .....

Ouch.....I didn't mean to upset anyone. I AM VERY EXCITED TO BE GOING TO GRATEFULFEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just like to get in the mood and check out the bands I have never heard of before while I wait for the fest. Maybe others feel the same way......maybe not. I am use to Hoxeyville, Rothbury, Bonnaroo,....where there are multiple stages and multiple bands playing at the same time. Because of that, I like to plan ahead on who to see. I guess Gratefulfest only has one performer playing at any given time so I won't have to choose. My bad. I will be there cheering on EVERY performer and experiencing some for the first time. Ahhhhh good times. My first experience with NLQP but have only heard good things so see ya all there and chill!

PS, I still wish the 7 Walkers had never posted a show for June 30th as it got my expectations WAY up. I will miss them and hope to hear somebody play some jams Thursday night, on stage or not!

Ouch.....I didn't mean to upset anyone. I AM VERY EXCITED TO BE GOING TO GRATEFULFEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just like to get in the mood and check out the bands I have never heard of before while I wait for the fest. Maybe others feel the same way......maybe not. I am use to Hoxeyville, Rothbury, Bonnaroo,....where there are multiple stages and multiple bands playing at the same time. Because of that, I like to plan ahead on who to see. I guess Gratefulfest only has one performer playing at any given time so I won't have to choose. My bad. I will be there cheering on EVERY performer and experiencing some for the first time. Ahhhhh good times. My first experience with NLQP but have only heard good things so see ya all there and chill!

PS, I still wish the 7 Walkers had never posted a show for June 30th as it got my expectations WAY up. I will miss them and hope to hear somebody play some jams Thursday night, on stage or not!

You alright, bro. Your eagerness to make an accurate schedule and showing your frustration on the forum about Evan's lack of announcements may have been a little over the top. I don't blame you for being so excited about Gfest. Gfest is the highlight for a lot of us in this forum and we all get excited in different ways. Folks here are mainly excited to see the band they love (DSO) at the best place on earth to see them: NLQP. All other bands are icing on the cake making the cake sweeter and sweeter. This is a small festival and is like no other. You will love this place no matter who plays. Arriving early is key even though there are no bands playing. The place is pure heaven when not many people are around.

No inside information here .... but i'm guessing no music on thursday at all. There might be something like Movies or something like that .

I do know that Evan has been getting more and more pressure from his neighbors to tone it down. They don't like the loud music and they don't like the drugs.

Yesterday (Wednesday) there was some kind of town hall meeting that took place. The exact content of it i do not know but it sounds like it was a sounding board for local complaints. Evan promised to do anything to help resolve their issues. (see local news article below).

So since his site lists the event as Friday - Sunday (and friday is a work day for most people) - my guess is there will be no music to help appease the neighbors. Also i would expect that we are going to see more of a firm deadline as to when the bands end their sets at night. I think it was like 11:15 but he often let bands continue. I'm guessing that that practice will be reigned in.

Again, i have not talked to E in over a year but i've heard a lot of rumors about the strains that the neighbors and sherrif have been putting on him. In order to appease everyone, and allow his live music license to continue, i'm guessing he (and his staff) are going to play by the rules more but this is all just a guess.

http://www.recordpub.com/news/article/5043970

For the record, i'm going in almost a week early. There is still plenty to do at night, if it's movies down by the stage area, or hanging with kind folks at their sites, one can have a good time without music on the stage. it's also REALLY nice to be able to swim in the quarry before the hordes arrive.

Let me just say, I view the other bands at the fest as more than "icing on the cake." More like, "an essential part of the Gratefulfest experience." In fact, I too would like to know who is coming ahead of time, and when they will be playing, and I don't think jljbirdq should be made to feel bad because he got excited about the schedule and wanted to know what was going on.

Archived