Arrests For Dancing At Jefferson Memorial

• Forum MVP

While I do not believe that the Police were overly aggressive and I do not believe that the protestors out of line, neither side was actually playing very nice "in the sand box".

My understanding, and please correct me if I am missing something, is that this was a planned protest after the US Gov't decided to ban dancing at US Monuments (I actually thought I saw where it was dancing at US National parks, but that certainly wouldn't be feasible. Plus, who the fuck cares if you are dancing around Yellowstone, besides Yogi). So the protestors knew this was coming and the Police knew to be prepared for protestors.

My opinions on the whole thing:

1) If you were going to have a "Flash Mob"-type group performing at the Jefferson Memorial, that could be quite disrupting to the general public.

2) This was not intrusive, causing a commotion(until the Cops showed up), or really very good Dancing. Now ya get Chuck Vegas out there........... :icon14:

3) I think the biggest issue I have with the whole thing was the Police Officer leading the news crew away and preventing them from filming. Of all the rights that were being infringed upon, that one is the biggie.

Overall, we are simply turning into a Police State. Our rights are being compromised, we are forcing our will continuously on other countries(at least the ones we don't like) and all the Politicians could give two shits cuz its all part of their plan. We the people, my ass. Maybe 30-40 years ago, but even that is looking more and more like it was just blowing smoke.

If you think back to the roles that were played in the later stages of the Cold War, I'm really starting to think that we have switched places with the Soviets. WE are now trying to force our policy on all other nations who don't walk in step with us ans WE are trying to shield information from our own people. The Soviets just gave nuclear materials to Iran and got to inspect our chopper that crashed in the Osama raid before Pakistan would give it back to us. They are playing the "nice guy" and we are playing the "heal".

Rosa Parks refusal to sit at the back of the bus was a planned protest. Your right the U.S. has become the bad guy in many parts of the world. I am no longer proud of my country's actions, but I love where we came from. I hope to live to see a day when I can once again be proud to be an American. They have me for another 12 months, those who know me know what I mean. I'm going to read and write. Twelve months from now. Instead of running for the hills, I'm going back to Washington to fight for freedom and peace. I hope some of you will join. I've been trying to rid myself of this feeling away, but it won't go. I'm too stubborn not to stand my ground. I'm too stupid not to run. I am to educated and wise to think what is happening is right. I, for one, have had enough. I love freedom. I love peace.

• Forum MVP

.... I hope to live to see a day when I can once again be proud to be an American. ........ I love freedom. I love peace.

All of us need to get the rest of the people to work for change to make our country something we can be prode of again. Education and trueful information can help.

Peace,

Doc

Archived