Dso Tickets From The Internet-Any Problems?

nhrapatio

Hey Now ~ can anyone tell me about the regular mail feature on the internet site? we do mail order for further and they only charge 44 cents for regular mail- and we have NEVER had a problem- we have also done further pre internet sales online- no problems.

So here is the issue- DSO is charging $5 for shipping - they say it is not tracked so user beware! i am confused- they are charging me $5 for tickets to be mailed for 44 cents? what is up with that? that really is ridiculous!

the fees are getting completely out of hand!

this isn't ticket master- this is on the DSO site for tickets- what is happening? one of our shows our tickets will be at will call and the fee was $8 for that -and they say that 1$ facility charge is in the ticket price-so you are not shipping me my tickets i am getting them at will call- so where does the $8 in fees come from?

anyone able to shed some light on this?

• Forum MVP

The ticket company gets it ,dso surely don t ,its still alot better then dealing with ticket basterd,I ve never had a problem with their online ticket agency .But then again its not further s site and its not .44 cents either so don t know what to tell ya

• Forum MVP

I always thought that each individual VENUE had a different "tax/fee" schedule, and that was what the extra was for each time. I assume that it is the VENUE that is charging you for mailing the tickets (not like DSO prints tix at HQ or something) or for holding them at will call. I have gotten DSO tix online that had $1-2 fees and I have gotten DSO tix online that the fees were weird amts like $8.94..... Venue of the night is the ONLY thing that seems to determine both prices and fees on the DSO ticket site, 'cause we've been to "bar" style venues that cost right around $20, and we've seen em in groovy little theaters that cost $30-$40, and of course the more exp tix are largely made up of more expensive fees. maybe this has NOTHING to do with what you are talking about, but maybe it will answer your question. also, Furthur includes musicians that have "commercial weight" to be able to say to every venue "all tix=this price" and "all shipping $.44", but most bands don't get that kind of chance to control things, from what I've seen, it's the venues that have all the power unless we are talking about stadiums and people like Phil and Bob. So maybe ask the venue why they are charging you so much for will call and shipping, 'cause I don't think DSO has anything to do with that.

I always thought that each individual VENUE had a different "tax/fee" schedule, and that was what the extra was for each time. I assume that it is the VENUE that is charging you for mailing the tickets (not like DSO prints tix at HQ or something) or for holding them at will call. I have gotten DSO tix online that had $1-2 fees and I have gotten DSO tix online that the fees were weird amts like $8.94..... Venue of the night is the ONLY thing that seems to determine both prices and fees on the DSO ticket site, 'cause we've been to "bar" style venues that cost right around $20, and we've seen em in groovy little theaters that cost $30-$40, and of course the more exp tix are largely made up of more expensive fees. maybe this has NOTHING to do with what you are talking about, but maybe it will answer your question. also, Furthur includes musicians that have "commercial weight" to be able to say to every venue "all tix=this price" and "all shipping $.44", but most bands don't get that kind of chance to control things, from what I've seen, it's the venues that have all the power unless we are talking about stadiums and people like Phil and Bob. So maybe ask the venue why they are charging you so much for will call and shipping, 'cause I don't think DSO has anything to do with that.

thanks for the info- the venue blamed promoter and even gave me his cell # - i haven't called yet-i want tickets first!

this is so frustrating and just wish there was a law to keep it all legit!

so did you ever have problems getting tickets from the "regular mail" feature???? for five bucks not only could they track it but they could insure it for crying out loud!

just sayin......

Archived