wanna hear a good story?

Starhead420

So Saturday My 2 boys (4,2) my lovely lady and myself went to this place called Hyland Orchard, Sturbridge,MA . It is a beautiful orchard/brewery/disc golf course/outdoor pavillion. The pavillion usually has live music from 12-6 every saturday and sunday. Truly

beautiful place.

We get there some rippin bluegrass!! Both my boys are mini spinners in training so after my oldest asks me if it is jerry on stage(everytime he sees a live show, on the comp,tv, venue he always says "dad is that jerry?" thats cuz it usually is lol) we start groovin. We hit up the little petting zoo area and the playground. All within seeing and hearing distance of the music.

After a couple Blueberry Pale Ales, its time to head home to make dinner. We are enjoying a DSO show from Albany, Ny, November 2009. I was there actually too! Very magical show I might add. If you have time find the show on archive.org. And my old lady is really getting into it. Since Mothers Day was the following day I started scheming...... In my head "well DSO is in Huntington tonight, 3 hr 45 min drive, we have no babysitter, its already 4, shows at 8, we have no tickets, no way" Just then Mandys phone rings. Its her mom, her brother had just called her to cancel there dinner plans for that night. So we asked her if she wanted to hang with her grandkids for the night. Being the wonderful Grandma she is, she jumped at the chance to help!

We flew home, i made burgers and dogs on the grill, while simultaneuosly searchin tickets. Bought our tickets, fed the boys, dropped em off at grams and made it to Huntington thru 95 ny traffic by 8:30!! We ran from the car to the venue just in time for Hey Pocky Way!! Missed the opener (hell in bucket, cold rain snow) but caught most of another Stella (no pun intended (~);-) ) DSO show. Thanks alot guys! We really needed that! And you made someones mothers day very special!!

Archived