Gimme Some Lovin'

Morning Dew

Turn on Your Love Light

U.S. Blues

Filler

Let Me Sing Your Blues Away

Cats Under The Stars

• Advisory Board

That's the day my youngest sister was born... It's her fault I missed the show.. and the fact that a 10 year old couldn't find a 9 hour ride to the show.. still bummed after all these years...

absolutely loved the venue. it was the first time dso had played at this venue and i would definitely make the 9 hour hike back up there if they played there again. it was located at a small ski resort that had this giant circus looking big top tent with seats made out of pews. it really was like going to church, in a hippie-circus kind of way :) the staff were super friendly, gracious, and welcoming. most were volunteers who were volunteering just so that when they were done working they could go see the show for free. many used to go see the dead when they were in college. the crowd was super in to the show with minimal talkers. tons of room to dance wherever you wanted to go. they even had a portion of the tent wall lifted up so that you could dance barefoot out in the grass and still almost have front row seats to the show. how awesome is that?!? the weather dropped to low 60's and was a nice change and surprise from the 1,000 degree heat we experienced at the minnesota zoo the night before. my only complaint were the bird sized mosquitoes that feasted on me that night. apparently i have tasty blood and am now scratching my bites like a madwoman. the dew and eyes were great as was the whole setlist.

this show was performed by the dead on my friends birthday (july 7th) who also happens to have been born and raised in virginia. cool stuff. drums was a little techno/spacey/dubstepy for my liking, but typical 80s. and i was bummed they stopped serving brats at setbreak haha. i had been craving one all night, but they did give me a small box of popcorn as a consolation prize when i tried to get one during drums... not what i was going for haha i needed some MEAT. over all it was a great show and great experience and i wish bayfield, wi wasnt closer to canada than it is to me in chicago :)

Archived