tampa-straZ center

Guest crazy digits

Guest crazy digits

4-10-70. No gd recordings exist of this show . Dso off of memory. Sickening

Filler. Stephen-eleven. Golden rd. Lisa back in awesome spirits w michael

Guest crazy digits

These last 2 shows r some of the strongest ive seen to date. Kevin in the middle both of the last 2 nights!!! In pensy between donna and jeff..last night between jm and eaton. Here comes gainesville. Tix for students 10.00

• Forum MVP

So cool to see this recreation...stage setup of 2drummers, organ on right, kevin in middle, eaton acoustic and red gibson, no lisa, jeff on left..Dont see that everyday...such a tight 1st electric set (hard to handle real nice) and beatiful acoustic music to follow what a treat. what sickk 2nd set, Dancin had a silky smooth "tighten up" jam in it. my god so nice. Alligator was electrifying, Jeff had an absolutey ridiculous solo in it. Barraco nailed each and every Pigpen tune. Mans World was unreal good! Dso has this song down. Caution had some Feedback out of it that went in to BidYouGoodnight.

Dso played Miles Davis Live from Fillmore West April 10, 1970 at setbreak, he opened for GD that night.(the show they were recreating) very cool

04-10-70 Fillmore West, San Francisco, Ca. (Fri) Electric-1: Cold Rain, New Speedway, Mama Tried, China Cat> I Know
You Rider, Hard To Handle, Casey Jones Acoustic: FOTD, Deep Elem, Candyman, Wake Up Little
Susie> Black Peter, Uncle John Electric-2: It's A Man's World, Dancin, High Time,
Alligator> Caution> We Bid You
Goodnight

billing: GD; Miles Davis
Quintet (with Airto Moreira); Stone The Crows; Clouds

• Forum MVP

Pretty awesome of miles to open up for the dead. When he was supposed to open up for Steve Miller and the following happened:

“I remember one time - it might have been a couple times - at the Fillmore East in 1970, I was opening for this sorry-ass cat named Steve Miller. Steve Miller didn't have his shit going for him, so I'm pissed because I got to open for this non-playing motherfucker just because he had one or two sorry-ass records out. So I would come late and he would have to go on first and then we got there we smoked the motherfucking place, everybody dug it.”

On a semi-related note. I was listening to a 73 show at work the other day and during the jam section of PITB, my coworker asked me if i was listening to Miles and I just chuckled.

Archived