Feeling Grateful

JenL1125

I just want to say that I'm so pleased and happy with the Dark Star community.  I posted that I needed a ride, and Rick E, Aaron and their friend, Sammy, got together to help me out.  This is the second time that Aaron has stepped up for me for rides!  They really helped me out of a jam, and kept me from potentially missing Penn's Peak this Friday.  In Jamaica, Bix got us on the catamaran- and btw, Bix, I haven't smoked a cigarette since Feb 23 - thanks for the pep talk in JA! Whether we agree or disagree about things online, this is a solid community and a positive family, and I'm so grateful to have found it.  No where was this more evident to me than in JA.  I've never been with 350 for 4 days straight that were all celebrating together.  It was beautiful!  I'm so grateful to be a part of this community.  You guys are good!

• Forum MVP

I'm not sure I really contributed in any way, but I'm super stoked that you are going because no one should miss Penn's Peak (especially not you!!!). Make sure to tell the hubby that we aren't ax murderers :)

And on that note, I want to thank you for rescuing me and friend on NYE a couple years ago. We walked out and realized how nearly impossible getting a cab was going to be....you called out the window and invited us in. Of course then the cab driver was uncertain that he was going to take us anywhere.... a little persuasion(and 50$ if I recall? I had no cash on me either....) and we were on our way.

Have a fucking blast for me tomorrow, I so wish I was going. I'll be there dancing in spirit, somewhere spinning in the back.

Archived