Two Thumbs Up

XChemistry

The brand new Dave's Picks  Fox Theatre 1980 is a winner. This is early Mydland. The Show has Velocity and delivers a knock out. I am one that has not been overly impressed with a lot  of the releases starting with Dicks Picks. There has been some Gems along the way. For me the Box sets except for Europe 72 have been disappointing. I wonder why someone does not look on live archive and get the reviews. Usually when you get twenty to fifty reviews on a show on the archive it is pretty hot. I am disappointed that many shows way better than Cornell 77 have not been released. The Roosevelt 1976 show is better then Barton Hall. 

Dick hit some classics such as EnglishTown and Richmond 1985. Also he hit some wonderful shows such as Rochester War Memorial and Oakland 1992. Why is that 77 is the year of the best Dead Shows. The Grateful Dead were up because they were using a lot of coke. A lot of 77 lacks depth. I have listened to many from that year and only handful sound really good. 

I wonder why the Saratoga 1983 and 1985 have not been released. I could  go on and on and on shows that really grab you and were quite Magical. I wonder why the  Dead have not pulled out more Gems in the Vault. Anyway I was delighted to hear the Mydland I grew up with. The early Mydland years with his Keys are fantastic. This new release brought back those awesome memories. I think some of the best shows are contained in 1979 - 1985. i hope that these years are looked at more strongly and will come out in future releases. Thanks for Fox Theatre 1980. What an Awesome Big River.

Archived