Dark Star Orchestra Acoustic @ "The Barn" aka Levon Helm Studios?

This would be amazing!! Was just at the Barn last weekend actually for Midnight Ramble Band on Sat and Los Lobos on Sun! What a great time always when making the trip to Woodstock! Seeing Dark Star play a nice lil acoustic set at the Barn would be so special and such a cherished moment in my life. For those who have never been there....you should get there. The town of Woodstock is awesome ... favorites include Sunflower natural food market (for your grocery needs), Not Fade Away (for your hippie shop needs) and Oriele9 (for your most heady food and coffee needs). Plus there are tons of other shops and stuff all along Tinker Street to check out. The Barn is located a few minutes outside of the town area in gorgeous woods. People always bring dishes and snacks and stuff to put out on the table for everyone to enjoy. The inside is GORGEOUS! All wooden, great sight of stage from mostly every spot, sound is incredible...just such an intimate experience overall. Its very small and low key (no crazy security checks or anything and no one ever gives you a hard time). Wow this idea though really is great and I would be sooo stoked if Dark Star ever played there!

This is case where "close" counts.   DSO sometimes plays the Bearsville Theatre and the vibe is very close.   The last time I was there was for DSO's public performance as part of the DSO High School event.    I was talking with some of the folks who are connected with the Barn.   On the funny side, I was star-struck but still able to carry on a conversation with Donna Jean and offered my service when she was having a challenge with the camera on her phone.   Beautiful wooded lawn with river running through, imagine before show, after, and set break.

Now, for the Buddhist minded people~  about 7 miles up the mountain (route 33), you practically enter Tibet. No plane ticket, no passport or visa needed (not that you would obtain a visa from china anyway) .  http://www.kagyu.org/ktd/monastery/  

+1 for The Barn.

Archived