Wtc

sgrmag2564

I joined the Navy in Oct 84. Sometime before that, my sister got me a job at Spartan Security. The company PATH contracted for security at the WTC complex. I sometimes worked the Plaza Patrol, I loved Chavez(little tough fuck from the Bronx, heart a gold) we’d hook up and get stoned on the plaza. interesting shit in 1983/4. There was a place, off the beaten path on the plaza in building 4...the commodities market in 1984. I transcribed the lyrics to Me and My Uncle on that wall one cold boring night after Chavez and I got stoned and he offered me his coat. And vertices. Patrolling the floors...LeMire always gave me unclocked vertices in B tower. I had an interesting find in an office on the 81st one night. My favorite was sitting on unoccupied floors, so quiet...90 floors up, alone...I loved the east view, but on clear nights I could actually spot Bowers Street Park with the naked eye to the west. Clear nights were always in the winter. I loved squishing my body against one of the corners and looking straight up into the ...maybe andromeda galaxy...the CONSTANT hum of the machinery in an otherwise quiet 10 pm night 3 blocks from Wall Street. There was something pure about the architecture. Pretty simple, straight up. The 7-3 shifts on the plaza were great in the summer...LeMire agian. Tourists, always look up😎 and always wanted to get me stoned...learned to like tourists...lol. Just a bit from the inside...a bit

Archived