Upgrades (Mostly) done

Taper Ron

I have completed upgrading the Forums. There were security improvement and improved Spam Detection. I upgraded the core system, and the flowing Add On Applications and "Plugins" Video System (I seem to be the only one who really likes it),the Community Map and the Birthday Greeter 

There are some things I like ... and some that I don't.  For the most part you won't notice  a lot of difference. One big thing (maybe, I don't know) I have remove the "Soft Blue theme. I really liked it but the authors of it weren't very good about upgrading it to work with Invision (Authors of forum software) upgrades. They were excellent about collecting license fees automatically.  I may have been the only one using it anyway :rofl:

One thing I'm sure you will notice is the new icons on your Avatar when you post. This is one of the changes I'm not so sure about (for one thing not totally sure how it works (until I see it in action)). It is what they call Achievements, it is a ranking system where you get points for, well, about everything you do. This has nothing to do with the current Groups we still retain our standing, In this we all start at zero. 

Rules are actionable processes set up in the admin panel. 

Here are what members can earn Points for:

When a...

• Reaction is given
  • New poll is created
  • User follows a content item
  • Review is posted
  • Member logs in for the first time that day
  • Content item/comment is promoted or featured
  • Comment/reply is posted
  • User follows a forum, blog, gallery, category etc
  • User votes on a poll
  • User is followed
  • New content item is posted
  • Post is marked as best answer

There are also corresponding When/Then Rules for each item listed above. 

When this action happens, then this subsequent action happens.

Example: when a member posts 10 times, then this Badge is awarded.

Anyway, I have pretty much everything done that need done offline.  Let me know of any problems you have or questions

Happy Posting! :lala:

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 7