Stony Pony Review on Hidden Track

Guest ScottyB

• Forum MVP

So glad you made it.Welcome aboard.One thing that you said though is really not true....

"recreates in the exact style of the era in question"

This actually just came up in regards to the early 80's versions of Eyes Of The World.As Rob Eaton said they just play the setlist and the music takes them where it may.What were really seeing is not a recreation, but the music being played in the SPIRIT of what we all loved and remember.I have seen DSO alot and each night they take me on a different trip, most of the time without the acid.Nice review,thanks for posting.

Guest ScottyB

Fair enough, thanks August.

I must say it sounded to me, like they were goin' for the sound of the early '90s Dead. Rob B. was playing tones that only Vince would have used, plus Rob E. and the bass player each were playing instruments very similar to what Bobby and Phil used during that period.

Sounds like it won't be your last show Scotty B. Ah yes, Dark Star converts another. See you at the shows. I'm not sure about the era thing, as far as instruments. I do know it looked like Rob E. was playing a Modulus, similar to Weir's of that era. I know he's got a Cowboy Fancy Ibanez in his vault of axes too. Which I've seen him use when it wasn't a show from that particular era. Both beautiful instruments indeed. I think it's just a matter of his preference on any given night. Either way, there's no question the man can play. And your review is right on, he does play better than the Bob Weir of today. Give him mucho credit for that. I haven't seen anybody come close to even attempting Weir's stylings and phrasings on a rhythm guitar. Let alone nailing them. There's only two people who can play like that on a rhythm guitar. Bob Weir and Rob Eaton. As for Kadlecik emoting on Garcia's ballads, well once again, excellent point. Right on with the post He's Gone jam too. These guys have found a way to take it to another level. I haven't been disappointed yet. One word of warning though. Watch out for those loud Jersey folks that hang around at this band's shows!!!!

Scotty,

Welcome aboard, and I, for one, am glad you beamed up! :shakehandhug: Your review of the band is excellent! I would ask you consider a few observations:

First, "John Kadlecik sounded exactly like Jerry, both vocally and on lead guitar", and "Kadlecik, by far, did the best imitation of anyone I

Hey Scotty it was great to see you at the show and stoked to see you TODAY at Widespread : ))))) Always a pleasure for sure. It's all tough to esplain ( yes DESI ) so I applaud your efforts for sure. The proof is surely when WE see you at the next show. Be well all !!!

Anthony

Archived