Norva 12/2/07

smoseywales

Great show at the best venue (so sez DSO). Home-made set with a great Brown eyed women and tangled up. OPened by a Baltimore band "the Bridge" and although I'd rather not have an opener, they were great so check them out if you can.

I didn't like the new lights, though; they were too...new. Rotating laser spots, like you see at Dave Mathews. Just didn't fit the Fillmore feel of things IMO.

• Forum MVP

holy shiiiiit!!! look at this monster!!

Set 1: Unbroken Chain, Lazy Lightning/Supplication, Brown-eyed Woman, Easy Wind, Cassidy, Run for the Roses, Walk in the Sunshine, New Speedway Boogie, Feel Like a Stranger*, Tangled Up in Blue

Set 2: Truckin> Help on the Way> Slipknot> St. Stephen> Weather Report Suite> Let It Grow> Space> Drums> Let It Grow> Black Peter> Slipknot> Revolution

Encore: Samson & Delilah

Notes: * with Skip Vangelis on Bass

Guest crazy digits

The ole Norva keeps coming up in the middle of the week. I really love the vibe of the place as a few of us remember the uncontrollable laughter :-)

WOW, what a setlist...sorry I missed that one....and SKIP to boot :D

I don't know how often GD did "Revolution" but I've heard DSO do it twice, at or toward the end of the show, and what a great good time vibe "everything's gonna be...alright." And at this show "Tangled" seemed to track that great version on JGB Live. I love the old show shows, but having the occasional "roll your own" lets DSO stretch out with songs you might not hear much, as well as new combinations-like the truckin>help was to me an interesting transition.

This was a weeknight with an opener so it went to 1:30, kinda late, so too bad for the half-steppers who left "early" and missed the treats at the end. This old man stayed until the broom was pushing my heels.

Archived