El Rey 2nd Night

jawdoc

May 7,1977 Made it back without getting lost or pulled over. :D Made it in time for the second set, had some family stuff to do. I have to say the band was right on tonight. Grate Eyes of the World , and one of my faves U.S. Blues, and finished with Revolution. Back to Portland later today and another couple of shows. PDX x 2 and Eugene. High point of the shows was meeting 2 people from the forum. Peace to all.

• Forum MVP

Boston Garden, Boston, MA (5/7/77)

Bertha

Cassidy

Deal

Jack Straw

Peggy-O

Minglewood

Half-Step

Big River

Tennessee Jed

Music

Terrapin

Samson

FOTD

Estimated>

Eyes >

drums

Wheel>

Wharf Rat>

Around

U.S. Blues

all i can do is wish i was there. my oh my

2nd night in LA was totally smokin' all the way through.

some of the tunes and james had a lower energy feel to them than I've seen in the past, but there was something subtle going on about all of them that made them pretty enjoyable.

I have to agree that the LA crowd didn't exactly make me feel like we were all part of one group/one love thing -- not that the NY crowds really do that for me all that much... maybe it's the San Fran crowd I was thinking of that really looks out for one another

anyway - that show was so totally solid. what an incredible set-list they busted out. and I love the fact that this show was the day before the Cornell show. just goes to show that the Dead were on an incredible tear the whole way through that tour, and that 5-8-77 shouldn't be singled out alone as the "highlight" show.

absolutely loved Terrapin, Estimated and Eyes were spectacular and Wharf Rat brought the house down

...I'll get up and fly away!!!....

Archived