Grateful Dead Electric Apple Juice

Guest Tenorbass

Guest Tenorbass

Hello all you Deadheads. I was reading Phil Lesh's book Serching for sound and he was talking about a Late Spring 1969 show were the band was dosed. A Bottle of Apple Juice was passed around that had so much acid in it Phil could taste it. Does anyone know the date for sure? Elvin Bishop comes on stage for a Blues song. The story is on page 148 of the book.

Anyone know the date?

• 4 weeks later...
Hello all you Deadheads. I was reading Phil Lesh's book Serching for sound and he was talking about a Late Spring 1969 show were the band was dosed. A Bottle of Apple Juice was passed around that had so much acid in it Phil could taste it. Does anyone know the date for sure? Elvin Bishop comes on stage for a Blues song. The story is on page 148 of the book.

Anyone know the date?

Sorry,I don't know the date-just wanted to chime in that it was a pretty good book(even if it did kinda turn into a love story towards the end!)

Anyone looking to check out some of the many Grateful Dead books out there-hit your local library(believe it or not they have alot of Grateful books)

I was amazed to buy Fallout from the Phil Zone on Ebay, only to get a copy sent to me from some library in Xenia Ohio(Hope it was sold @ a sale-not stolen).In any event-Sweet collection of Phil's favorites!

Peace,

Rob

• 10 months later...
  • Forum MVP

Anyone know the date?

It is either 6-5-69 or 6-6-69. June 5th was a benefit concert which had the Dead, Airplan, Elvin Bishop and others. For whatever reason, on June 6th, Jerry is not there for the first few songs and Elvin is playing lead guitar. This show also has one of the longerst Lovelights to my knowledge at 47 minutes long!!!!! It is speculated that the Apple Juice show is 6/6/69 and that Jerry was too wasted to play the first couple of songs. But the Lovelight is a MONSTER!!!!

Archived