Gamh 4/15/2009

Dstone5553

• Forum MVP

I'm sorry if I have some of these out of order...I know 1st set is right and I think the second set is right, but it's from memory cause many of you know I consider writing it down to be cheating!--and I really can't promise that the order is correct for the post space.

I did have some drinks tonight cause I don't have to work tomorrow.

Original Setlist:

Aiko

Silver Threads and Golden Needles

Easy Wind

Sugaree

BIODTL (2 beats)

Pride of Cucamonga

Deep Elem Blues

Lazy Lightning>

Supplication>

Deal

Dancin in the Streets

Two Souls

Foolish>

Other One>

D>S>

New Potato>

The Eleven>

Other One>

Dark Star>

Dancin

Touch

E)Alligator

Brokedown

A great final show for the Hall this year---one of those special ones...highlights for me were THE WHOLE SHOW!

This band is so real, even when if doesn't do something perfectly, it's just so real, you can't help but be moved.

Thank you Rob B. for the Two Souls... and long live the Grateful Dead and Dark Star Orchestra!

Really great hanging with such wonderful people as Kimberly (Lieu~) and Frank (DCFrank) and John (Sonomajohn) and Mike (DeadHeadMike) and my good friend Randy (Blindman) on the rail for this 3-pack.

Santa Clara, here we come.

One word...lovely! Ok...maybe just a few more words...from the first notes of Aiko to the last moment of Palace this show was epic...Two souls was deeply touching((Lisa!))...the vibe in the house was magic...words don't do justice...for all departing ones ...Fare you well...for those still on the train..c ya Friday...Ellen and Bo...much love..Great to be with you~ J

ps...Rob B...you are a trooper and you brought it big time tonight! Many thanks...

I'm sorry if I have some of these out of order...I know 1st set is right and I think the second set is right, but it's from memory cause many of you know I consider writing it down to be cheating!--and I really can't promise that the order is correct for the post space.

Original Setlist:

Aiko

Easy Wind

Sugaree

BIODTL (2 beats)

Pride of Cucamonga

Deep Elem Blues

Lazy Lightning>

Supplication>

Deal

Dancin in the Streets,

Two Souls

Foolish>

Other One>

D>S>

New Potato>

The Eleven>

Other One>

Dark Star>

Marbles>

Dancin,

Touch

E)Alligator,

Brokedown

A great final show for the Hall this year---one of those special ones...highlights for me were THE WHOLE SHOW!

This band is so real, even when if doesn't do something perfectly, it's just so real, you can't help but be moved.

Thank you Rob B. for the Two Souls... and long live the Grateful Dead and Dark Star Orchestra!

Really great hanging with such wonderful people as Kimberly (Lieu~) and Frank (DCFrank) and John (Sonomajohn) and Mike (DeadHeadMike) and my good friend Randy (Blindman) on the rail for this 3-pack.

well done. i'm proud of your dedication for being first poster. I think you may have nailed second set. It was a jumble of goodness.

Guest Rob Eaton

I want to thank everyone for supporting us in SF on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Selling our three shows and having such a great time playing music reminds me of why we do this. San Francisco has wonderful energy. Santa Cruz spinners you rock!

Peace

Rob Eaton

well done. i'm proud of your dedication for being first poster. I think you may have nailed second set. It was a jumble of goodness.

Thanks to everyone for posting the setlists so quickly! I was unable to attend any of the GAMH shows but my friends and I will be in Row B at the Santa Rosa show and we'll also be attending the Redwood City show. I am in SERIOUS need of a DSO fix because I haven't seen the band in a couple of years now...WAY TOO LONG! :)

Thanks to DSO for continuing their journey and keeping the music alive!

Kevin

Thanks to everyone for posting the setlists so quickly! I was unable to attend any of the GAMH shows but my friends and I will be in Row B at the Santa Rosa show and we'll also be attending the Redwood City show. I am in SERIOUS need of a DSO fix because I haven't seen the band in a couple of years now...WAY TOO LONG! :)

Kevin

Kevin.....

If its been a few years.....your in for a treat brother, considering it seems as though everytime I see DSO they get better....and better...and better. Sooo....be prepared to have your mind blown - you've got a few years of "betters" to catch up on!!

Kevin

Kevin.....

If its been a few years.....your in for a treat brother, considering it seems as though everytime I see DSO they get better....and better...and better. Sooo....be prepared to have your mind blown - you've got a few years of "betters" to catch up on!!

Kevin.....

Lol...I am so ready I can't stand it!!! :dsorocks:

Kevin

Guest cruz95062

Last night was the best. A note on the setlist, I believe Dark Star was 2nd verse only. A closing to Monday nights 1st verse??

Much thanks to the band. See you Saturday night and in October!

Guest Lisacat

just phenomenal. two souls>foolish was sheer bliss.

I'm so happy we still have 2 more shows around here this weekend....I've been so grateful to be sharing the dance space and energy with the SF and santa cruz folks. Every time I come to this city it gets harder and harder to leave. I'm really going to miss everyone here when I return east.

Thank you DSO! Have a great day off!

Guest billy

oh...my....god

that was sooooo over the top good. Every time i see these guys they get better. this was my second original setlist and by far the best of the 5 shows i've seen in the last few years. I swear to god I thought I was going to have a cardiac during lazy lightnin-supplication....

I was not sure what was going to happen after that stellar first set but the second was over the top. Close your eyes and not only are you transported by the music, but the whole scene. The GAMH goes back in a time machine to 1969 in San Francisco, with a bouncing floor and 400 crazy people dancing their hearts out. NPC>the eleven....whoa.....and dark star WAS the second verse. Nice job. and a taste of Mountain Jam!!!

guys, keep doing what you're doing. the energy was so great, the music so sweet. Long live the Grateful Dead and the DSO!

• Forum MVP

It didn't take much dedication---just got home and the board needed the list...but I appreciate the kind words--can never get enough of those.

I swear to god I thought I was going to have a cardiac during lazy lightnin-supplication....

One time when DSO played my hometown of Keene, NH {cough, cough, long overdue, cough....}, I found myself glued to the ceiling of the Colonial Theater {cough....}.

My guitar teacher (and house painter) who really likes the Dead but doesn't know every song asked me, "what was that song with the wooooo...."

:dsorocks:

On another note: We're off to see the wizards in Albany, NY !!!!

thanks for introdrocing yourself Dstone. we will meet again.....

Original Setlist:

Aiko

Easy Wind

Sugaree

BIODTL (2 beats)

Pride of Cucamonga

Deep Elem Blues

Lazy Lightning>

Supplication>

Deal

Dancin in the Streets

Two Souls

Foolish>

Other One>

D>S>

New Potato>

The Eleven>

Other One>

Dark Star>

Dancin

Touch

E)Alligator

Brokedown

Guest deadheadmike

Kevin Rosen + Pride of Cucamonga = AWESOME = Kevin ROCKS !!!

and how about the BOMBS he was throwing at us , I was vibrating all over the floor for those 3 nights ...

:dsorocks:

Archived