Redwood City 4/18/2009

Dstone5553

• Forum MVP

10-12-83 Madison Square Garden, New York, N.Y. (Wed)

1: Cold Rain, Minglewood, Ramble On, Esau, Roses, Cassidy, Cumberland, L. L. Rain> Might As Well

2: Help> Slipknot> Franklin's, Woman Smarter, He's Gone> Drumz> Truckin> Black Peter> NFA E: Revolution

first "Revolution"

Filler: Hurts Me Too, Lovelight>Birdsong>Lovelight

Highlights for me were the Minglewood, Franklins, NFA and Hurts Me Too...

Sorry to Adam (1/2 Step) for posting this but I got home and the list was needed!

so the Bay Area gets:

'94

'77

Elective

'73

'83

pretty damn good rotation right there...thanks to D.Stone (and LisaCat who is always on top of it) for posting so quick - sounds like an awesome weekend, with great people (I gotta see these Santa Cruz spinners), incredible playing by the band and just a fun atmosphere alll around. it is making me very excited for the East coast run in June.

last Dew was Aspen - roadtrip to tahoe???

Guest Charles from Oregon

1: Cold Rain, Minglewood, Ramble On, Esau, Roses, Cassidy, Cumberland, L. L. Rain> Might As Well

2: Help> Slipknot> Franklin's, Woman Smarter, He's Gone> Drumz> Truckin> Black Peter> NFA E: Revolution

first "Revolution"

Sorry to Adam (1/2 Step) for posting this but I got home and the list was needed!

Great Stuff!! I was 17 when this show was played,St. Stephen the night before. 83' was definatley one of my favorite years. Thanks for the fast post, I'm a setlist watcher from way back. I'm so excited for thurs. show in Seattle!!

OUTSTANDING SHOW!!!!!!

The 83 setlist was pretty much standard for that era, but the energy of DSO last night was off the chart. There were times when they hit peaks and the audience was roaring like back in the days when the GD were playing one of their magic shows when everything clicks. I would say this happened during Cassidy, Cumberland, Help/Franklins, Truckin, and NFA. The encore was also off the charts!!!! I loved Lisa on Hurts me Too. That was a real surprise for me.

I'll have to say, I love seeing DSO at the Fillmore and GAMH, but the Fox has both of them beat!! The theatre is beautiful and the sound quality of the hall is absolutely awesome. I hope they return there soon!!!

Thank you DSO for a great run in the Bay Area!!!!!!

first "Revolution"

This was a fun show! The Fox Theater is a cool place to see the band. The sound was EXCELLENT and there was PLENTY of room for dancing and conversing. The house management informed us of the recent renovations and the nice ventilation system. We put it to the test. :)

I'm glad to see DSO playing at this venue again.

I'll have to agree with the above poster about the highlights. Lisa tore it up in a major way on Hurts Me Too, the Minglewood was killer, Franklins was over the top, and NFA, well, I don't even have to say anything about that one. I think that song is an emotional one for a lot of people. I sort of got choked up a bit as the crowd was singing "you know our love will not fade away." Yeah, it won't fade away. :)

Happy trails to the band and all on tour! I'm *thinking* about heading up to Tahoe tonight...we'll see.

Kevin

Guest deadheadmike

Hurts Me Too not to be there !!! Cheers to all that are enjoying the magic of DSO in the Beautiful North West , ROCK ON !!!

• Forum MVP
OUTSTANDING SHOW!!!!!!

The 83 setlist was pretty much standard for that era, but the energy of DSO last night was off the chart.

I have always loved this show and considered it superior to its far more famous New York cousin of 10/11....

What's funny is how much one can get into the music and have no clue what show it is because these guys make it something completely their own.

first "Revolution"

you're quick to the punch dave! every time! such a good show. spinning around like a crazy man. i was waiting for that help slip frank. we were due. cumberland! peter! just a classic time ending with forgetting my bank card at a bar and sleeping in the transforming tacoma. gotta skip tahoe but onto eureka and beyond!

first "Revolution"

Wow what night that must've been! I have the original on disc somewhere i think, time to pull it back out and give it a listen ;)

Matt

first "Revolution"

The superlatives become redundant at this point...Another blazing hot performance at perhaps my new favorite venue on the planet...Every song was passionately played and the sound was the best of the whole run...great to hang with you all...safe travels...Namaste~ J

Guest cruz95062
OUTSTANDING SHOW!!!!!!

The 83 setlist was pretty much standard for that era, but the energy of DSO last night was off the chart. There were times when they hit peaks and the audience was roaring like back in the days when the GD were playing one of their magic shows when everything clicks. I would say this happened during Cassidy, Cumberland, Help/Franklins, Truckin, and NFA. The encore was also off the charts!!!! I loved Lisa on Hurts me Too. That was a real surprise for me.

I'll have to say, I love seeing DSO at the Fillmore and GAMH, but the Fox has both of them beat!! The theatre is beautiful and the sound quality of the hall is absolutely awesome. I hope they return there soon!!!

Thank you DSO for a great run in the Bay Area!!!!!!

Gotta agree with Neutrino, the acoustics and sound quality of the Fox are superior to the other Bay area venues. Great show (esp. Hurts me too) and a killer set of shows for the whole week. Thanks again to DSO. Hopefully the show sold well enough to bring them back to the Fox.

Everybody who can't wait for the DSO to return should check out Cornmeal, their bluegrass bretheren (sp?), when they make their 1st Bay Area run in a couple of weeks.

Gotta agree with Neutrino, the acoustics and sound quality of the Fox are superior to the other Bay area venues. Great show (esp. Hurts me too) and a killer set of shows for the whole week. Thanks again to DSO. Hopefully the show sold well enough to bring them back to the Fox.

Everybody who can't wait for the DSO to return should check out Cornmeal, their bluegrass bretheren (sp?), when they make their 1st Bay Area run in a couple of weeks.

I actually thought to myself last night when I closed my eyes that I could easily have been listening to the Grateful Dead in 1983 at an outstanding show, with the sound being pumped out of their Ultrasound PA system!! It was that good!!!!

An absolutely electrifying performance on a beautiful warm evening with perfect sound in an beautiful art deco hall! What more can you ask for?

• Forum MVP

So happy that everyone enjoyed the show and the venue. The first time one of my bands played anywhere was when I was 16 and it was across the street and about 5 buildings up on the right side(Pony Express, which I believe is no longer there). They no longer had bands at the Fox, but a friends' band got permission to shoot a video there in like '89. Great sounds, great atmosphere. I'm so happy that they renovated it and that it is still enjoyed by the masses.

Makes me even more pumped up for Thursday. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The black hole opened, current was strong and i was sucked in. Barely remember anything after that. Franklins was especially great for me. Its like i hear a song too much and get a little jaded then DSO plays it and its special, different and majikal all over again. I love these guys and gal a bunch! Thank, thank thank you for keeping it going 8 years after my first experience. RIP Chris, welcome home!

:cheers::dsorocks:

Archived