Keyboard Players Gear?

Guest Tenorbass

Well, since no one will comment on Rob's setup, or answer in general, I'll try.

Keys are pretty universal. Anything that makes good piano, Rhodes and B3 sounds will make a good classic Dead keyboard. I personally am Very fond of the Nord keyboards. It's a swedish keyboard company, you can spot them a mile away because they are always bright red. IMHO they're currently the ultimate stage keyboard for a classic rock band.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
Well, since no one will comment on Rob's setup, or answer in general, I'll try.

Keys are pretty universal. Anything that makes good piano, Rhodes and B3 sounds will make a good classic Dead keyboard. I personally am Very fond of the Nord keyboards. It's a swedish keyboard company, you can spot them a mile away because they are always bright red. IMHO they're currently the ultimate stage keyboard for a classic rock band.

My grand piano sound and my non-80's Rhodes sound come from a Kurzweil P2X. When ever possible I use a Yamaha GS1 as a controller because it feels like a grand piano. The GS1 belonged to Brent Midland from 83-86. It has its own distinct sound. I use a Dynamied Fender Rhodes(also owned by Brent) for any of the Brent shows circa 79-82. For a long time I used stereo EAW cabinets but now I'm exclusively using in-ear monitors. I am midi-ed to a Roland 5080 module and a yamaha FB 01 module. My mixer is an Allen and Heath 12 channel model

The organ is the real deal- Hammond B3 with a 122 Leslie speaker cabinet.

• 2 months later...
  • Forum MVP
My grand piano sound and my non-80's Rhodes sound come from a Kurzweil P2X. When ever possible I use a Yamaha GS1 as a controller because it feels like a grand piano. The GS1 belonged to Brent Midland from 83-86. It has its own distinct sound. I use a Dynamied Fender Rhodes(also owned by Brent) for any of the Brent shows circa 79-82. For a long time I used stereo EAW cabinets but now I'm exclusively using in-ear monitors. I am midi-ed to a Roland 5080 module and a yamaha FB 01 module. My mixer is an Allen and Heath 12 channel model

The organ is the real deal- Hammond B3 with a 122 Leslie speaker cabinet.

ok, my bad. I guess I was wrong about Rob B's Hammond belonging to Brent. However his GS1 and Fender Rhoades he uses, were previously owned by Brent! Nice! You rock Rob!!!

Archived