Hampton/cape Cod

rowe

Hey Rob,

I was hoping a few shows from the recent spring run might make it on to Nugs. I had the good fortune to be at the second night of Hampton Beach. Because of a lot of factors, I don't get a chance to see many shows and had never seen an original setlist (my personal favorites). While there were technical difficulties during the first set, the playing was strong and is born out on Shiva Ho's archive version. However, the second set was pure magic for many of us; that special space in which everything comes together, band, crowd, sound, songs. Consistent energy throughout..great song selection and several we don't see a lot of on the nugs shows available (Tangled Up In Blue, Foolish Heart, Two Souls, TWLWMYD, Hey Pocky Way). Everything was beautifully played. Thanks guys, it's a night I'll remember for a long time.

That said, the next show in Cape Cod looks like a great one. It is significantly different from a lot of the shows currently available. The acoustic set and Don't Let Go as a centerpiece make this very intriguing. Unique setlist throughout. I'd love to hear it. Keep up the great work. The nugs shows sound so good!

Just my two cents.

Rowe Williams

Bradford, VT

hope to see you guys in Pittsfield MA later in July

• 2 months later...
Hey Rob,

I was hoping a few shows from the recent spring run might make it on to Nugs. I had the good fortune to be at the second night of Hampton Beach. Because of a lot of factors, I don't get a chance to see many shows and had never seen an original setlist (my personal favorites). While there were technical difficulties during the first set, the playing was strong and is born out on Shiva Ho's archive version. However, the second set was pure magic for many of us; that special space in which everything comes together, band, crowd, sound, songs. Consistent energy throughout..great song selection and several we don't see a lot of on the nugs shows available (Tangled Up In Blue, Foolish Heart, Two Souls, TWLWMYD, Hey Pocky Way). Everything was beautifully played. Thanks guys, it's a night I'll remember for a long time.

That said, the next show in Cape Cod looks like a great one. It is significantly different from a lot of the shows currently available. The acoustic set and Don't Let Go as a centerpiece make this very intriguing. Unique setlist throughout. I'd love to hear it. Keep up the great work. The nugs shows sound so good!

Just my two cents.

Rowe Williams

Bradford, VT

hope to see you guys in Pittsfield MA later in July

Guest Rob Eaton

it's with regret that I say we don't really have tapes of that show. Our exiting monitor mixer who was responsible for running the recorders felt it not necessary to do so on his last day. I guess that means it wasn't meant to be!

Peace

Rob

it's with regret that I say we don't really have tapes of that show. Our exiting monitor mixer who was responsible for running the recorders felt it not necessary to do so on his last day. I guess that means it wasn't meant to be!

Peace

Rob

Oh well. Thanks for the quick reply Rob. As you said, I guess it wasn't meant to be. Thanks again for doin' what you do!!

Mark

I was at that show on the Cape as well and it is a bummer that it was not recorded. Just went by the venue when my family was on the Cape last week and it brought back some good memories. Saw the Kennedy compound too which is about a 3 minute ride-it was cool.

Rob, would you guys consider a closer to Boston venue one of these years?Lowell, the Cape, Lupos and Hampton do not count. Is Somerville Theater ever a possibility down the road? One of my first shows was there with you guys and I love the place. Is it just too costly in the Boston area now?

Looking forward to more fun in the Northeast in November...not soon enough.

Wherever you go nearby I will follow but just wonderin. Thanks for the reply if you have the time.

Archived