-
Posts
915 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
117
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by 2muchfun
-
1/2/2026 @ The Capitol is streaming on Nugs!
2muchfun replied to Tea's topic in Tour Information Hub
Not dissimilar to my journey… Just celebrated 20 years on the Forum and on 1/22 will be 27 years…yikes!…of first DSO show. I guess I’m 48. Will take it. -
If you have seen lots of DSO shows over the years it would be difficult not to have run into Brian. I wasn’t very close to him but have still shed a tear. RIP
-
Been fortunate enough to have seen all in the pictures. GD live from 77-95 DSO live from 99-25 Between 95 and that fateful day 1/22/99 was in the wilderness searching Rat Dog and more frequently Phil and Friends. Then at Headliners in Louisville, the third song…JK sung Loser and I was crying like a baby. DSO can still bring me to tears. So so so Grateful.
-
1/31/2005 Nashville TN One of my all time fav DSO performances. Lisa and Donna taking turns until Catfish John filler which featured both. During intermission early rendition of Boombox entertained. Had a fantastic convo with Donna regarding my Deadhead friends of late 70’s and their attitude ( not good) toward her singing. She was quite amicable and laughably explained “so loud, couldn’t hear a thing”. RIP lovely lady.
-
Would be remiss not to mention this pair I attended. 8/8 Indy Conner Prarie Recreated 6/6/91 at Deer Creek which is a couple of stones throws from this very nice outdoor space. There was dedicated dance space behind first few rows…where I was, several 10 people tables behind that then lots of grass and tree lines up a rise. I particularly enjoyed the Jack Straw opener and Big RR Blues in first set and UJB in second. 1991 not my fav. Enjoyed filler a lot! Mr Charlie, Strange Man, Volunteers. 8/9 Dayton Rose Music Center 30th anniversary….. Elective:: Alabama Getaway Man Smart Woman Smarter Althea Mama Tried Mexicali Run for the Roses Broken Arrow Jack a Roe Never Trust a Woman TMNS Scarlet-> Fire Easy to Slip-> St Stephen-> D/S-> Imagine.(instrumental)-> Dark Star-> TheEleven-> Death Don’t-> Viola Black Muddy River Monster 2nd set worthy of the aforementioned anniversary. Also important to note was pre show announcement by Barraco of the celebration of life for Aaron(RUDE) “who really liked us”. The crowds applause was heartwarming as I planned to celebrate his life this show as I became aware of the date….as he would want me to. Although I spent much of first set debating security for at least 3 inches of aisle space to dance next to my seat, I was able to flirt/negotiate with her into the only half full ADA area which had plenty of space for my pleasure…and welcomed for that second set. Even saw Lisa frolicking by during drums. sufficient to say set 2…all of it…is why I have seen hundreds of DSO performances. Thank you band. You too Rude
- 1 reply
-
- 3
-
-
“Sorry there was a problem” for me on iPad
-
It’s Tea for forum admin, where the master posters know what to do
-
I’ll nominate the Walking the Dog, Dancin in the Street, Ripple filler in St Louis Perhaps this three song filler…time allowing…is a thing.
-
Before 420 there was 714…Roger
-
I believe it translates to “praise DSO”
-
I resemble that remark. Obit indicates “a celebration of Aaron’s life will be at a later date”. I wish to be a part.
-
From the beginnings of noticing the tall dude at several DSO shows in 2012 became friends instantly and had several epic adventures at Black Mountain, Jubilees, and eventually at Hydyder gigs. Smart, witty, and yes RUDE. Just hung out with him at DSO in St L last month. Could not imagine what has transpired. This hurts a lot. Will miss u more than words can tell brother.
-
Sad and mad sums it up for now.
-
Commander Cody said they can throw you in jail for having too much fun. seems like a lot of us got a good piece of DSO this tour.
-
I was mesmerized by the Shakedown—>Low Spark—>Shakedown right in front of Barraco on the rail. The non verbal communication between him and Warren was palatable as the notes, chords, and changes displayed their bonds as both looked at each other throughout. The rest of the band were the more than adequate backup players of this ridiculously good version and the musical highlight of the weekend for me. Another fantastic 3 days at the Jubilee. 100,000 steps in 3 days according to the smart watch.
-
Thanks for heads up! Surprise me lol.
-
Lucky this show was possible as lots of destruction from previous nights tornado lurked just blocks away. No power within 2 blocks and many many huge trees uprooted and strewn over main rd from interstate to venue. No internet service closed many of nearby businesses as credit card usage was limited (requiring paper backup) or non existent. Solid recreation albeit relatively short by GD standards. The filler was my favorite part! Not many walking the dogs or ripples in my DSO adventures surely the first for me in same night.
-
Perhaps later on down the river…like Saturday
-
Brings a tear and then a smile.
-
I remember 2 shows I remember enjoying a Cornmeal appetizer for DSO at these 2: 2/5/2009 Oxford MS 8/4/2007 Dunegrass Fest Fun times
-
Regarding Hyryder vs DSO on 5/17… Living here, in Newburgh, IN I am almost exactly half way between Covington and St Lou. Suffice to say I won’t be going upriver on the Ohio. Hyryder is my #2 though and based on last 3 years will see more of their shows than DSO in 2025.
-
Agree there were several scattered longer DSO shows throughout the 26 years I’ve been lucky enough to be a participant.
-
I have zero hard evidence, but I “feel” like several of my early GD shows in 77 and 78 were slightly longer than the almost every night solid 3.5 to 4 hrs (depending when they hit the stage) you get with DSO. Of course there’s the GD shakedown which must be considered part of the show. The one part of the GD experience which for better or worse is not recreated at almost all DSO soirées.
-
40 hours in Wilkes Barre was a whirlwind of excitement. Been so long…8 months of no DSO…that Dino sprouted a beard. Venue was an unobstructed view theatre with ga seats and balcony. Sound was great. Even with lax security there was plenty of dance space on first night with a more rowdy crowded in the aisles 2nd nite. From my 3 rd row aisle seat on left had no problem moving and grooving the whole time both shows. First night right in my wheelhouse with a 78 recreation. The set up had most of the band on left side of wide stage with Skip and Barraco on the right side back 40. I don’t think they even had mikes. From first notes of Jack Straw till end of show I was in bliss. Comes a Time was the highlight for me. Drums was indeed a jovial team effort with most of band and others. 2nd nite had same set up with different instruments and mikes for all for elective. HSF, The Stranger and Gomorrah were highlights. Also during Iko Dino sported sunglasses scrolling SANDY (a well known DSO admirer) across the lenses. Seeing her and Vinny acknowledge the gesture was heartwarming. Of course Dew was second set highlight and how can I not enjoy yet another Saturday Night…uh huh. I returned home thinking I know it’s only DSO but I like it….yes I do.
-
Rick, I will certainly not be casting stones at you as I have plenty of sins on my hands as well. Your honest admissions are admirable. My experiences with L are behind me now but hey we’re both very positive and not so much. I can commiserate with Chuck and Doc as time has brought various health issues. That being said I am flying to Wilkes Barre to catch the 2 shows there cause so far I can’t stop for nothing. I enjoy seeing yourself , Whitney, and any of various kids every time I do. Congrats on upcoming nuptials. Brian says be careful…I agree…watch your speed.
