Jump to content

2muchfun

Forum MVP
  • Posts

    915
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    117

Everything posted by 2muchfun

  1. There’s a whole lotta things that I’ve never done but I ain’t never had 2 much fun.
  2. Not at DSO but did attend original performance. One of only 2 Casey Jones in 122 of my GD shows.
  3. Hallowed ground….my first Grateful Dead show
  4. Yes it was
  5. Saw Skeleton Krewe play it at mousetrap albeit in July
  6. I do many Hyryder shows myself…Bluebird always a good one.
  7. Just to get it on the record… Took the flying aluminum tube to Oakland to see my first DSO in California. The weekend was spectacular…great music, people, weather Two quite different shows but equally enjoyable in their own unique way. 7/31 tribute to Bobby with JGB opening (kinda weird since 8/1 is well 8/1 but I am sure scheduling conflicts in play) Melvin was ridiculously good… Many guests some of which I saw 2 weeks ago in Indianapolis seeing Barraco and Skeleton Crewe were a part of DSO sets. I still see in my mind 6 percussionists banging on Rob/Dino drum kits 8/1 Jerry birthday…suffice to say the DarkStar->El Paso->Eyes->Dew->Sugar Mag is why I’ve seen this band for 27 years. DSO still surprises me just how good they are. Of course saw many friends even though my first time dancing to DSO in the golden state. Not sure where next adventure will be but isn’t that the point.
  8. Sometimes your cards aren’t worth a god damn if you don’t lay them down non GD current…I want a zoot suit with a reet pleat (damn you tube)
  9. 2muchfun

    Jubilee 2026 #3

    Like a duck out of water lol
  10. 2muchfun

    Jubilee 2026 #1

    Truth be told I bailed this year due to the inevitable inclement weather, being shut out of vip, and I’ve been there before. When the age of senility is rapidly advancing sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. To the brave that are there…I’ll see you on the run. To John A….Comes a Time 5/4/77, yes 5 days earlier, is in running…but it was my first show so,biased.
  11. I think popularity increase is due to all of the above. Shame if the intimacy of this fest suffers…hope not. Will be there Anybody remember seeing DSO @ the summer camp late night red barn.
  12. As the poet mused: What a drag it is…
  13. Love and prayers for Vince and Sue…. flood of memories…All began as a stranger through this very forum picking up Torin at Cleveland airport and bringing him to NLQP.
  14. I really thought they were going to close see with Pride of Cucamonga to give Skip a three fer. He was out there both nights stage right by his lonesome.
  15. Another fine 2fer for Wilkes Barre. Fri night was recreation of what some were calling the worst GD show of May 77…even if so that’s some good ole Grateful Dead from DSO. Sat night was as Billy D describes. All of DSO skills and talents on full display. Baby Don’t a bust out for me. Shakedown hot. Lots of crowd joining in lyrics for the ultimate sing a long dance band. Considering I was in 2nd row aisle seat for this sold out GA show and virtually no security…yet again had freedom of decent movement. Overall very experienced audience. Four shows in 16 days and 3 St Stephen’s including 69 show version life is good and will do it, do it again.
  16. 2muchfun

    Newport Ky

    Great show, I’m beat sums it up well. First set up front…2nd set in back…encore on steps outside in the breeze with sufficient sound from the open doors. 2 for 2 for Stephen and viola so far…on to Wilkes Barre
  17. Front Row center 4 ft from the rail…security preventing rail riding. Had all the space I needed. Waking up feeling I got hit by that bus I eventually got on. Flat ass non stop primal dead played phenomenally.
  18. I have been a victim of the hair assault as well. Would pretend I liked it and then it would usually stop or move on.
  19. As a guy with a few more years and a few less shows than you it takes a lot to leave at set break. Have done it once myself (Newport Columbus OH like 10 years ago) for similar experience. As you know there’s more to come soon. Always enjoy seeing you and Whitney and an occasional clone. Hang it up and see what tomorrow brings.
  20. With DSO being increasingly bicoastal, Hyryder (and Born Cross Eyed) has been feeding my GD jones. Looking forward to March and all of them.
  21. I have wondered the same thing if a rare primal DSO 60’s show was your first.
  22. Sometimes the songs that you hear…
  23. Newport for sure and since enjoyed the 2 nights in Wilkes Barre last year…Will take that ride again. Plane and Hotel booked.
×
×
  • Create New...