Jump to content

2muchfun

Forum MVP
  • Posts

    915
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    117

Everything posted by 2muchfun

  1. I know but preferred the Bijou down the street.
  2. 5/4/77 Palladium NYC The bus came by there 46 years ago today I got on Thats when it all began
  3. Great intersecting with your never ending tour AC. Zanzibar great little venue…paradise if you enjoy some retro pinball with your dancing. Will definitely c u at Jubilee.
  4. Crowds at Dead & Co are there for the spectacle. Those at Wolf Bros are for the music. The strings, horns, and pedal steel does the Jerry parts justice. BTW came after a Bobby story of him and Barlow creating the tune.
  5. I was also in attendance and thoroughly enjoyed the music. The horn section adds plenty to the tunes. Haven’t heard Money for Gasoline since Ratdog days. I find Mr. Weir a national treasure. Has any human performed live in front of more other humans than he?
  6. 2muchfun

    Football

    Agreed…the field had an effect on more plays then just 1 fumble or horrific call and is in control of the league. Shameful.
  7. Agree with your sentiments. Have seen them a couple dozen times since pre pandemic days. They did great job playing thru pandemic. They do remain a primarily regional act with only sporadic weekend dates. They keep getting better.
  8. Had to go to the American Express office in Richmond to get cash (pre ATM days) to pay scalper unheard of price of $50 for tix to this show after getting get face value for previous night and Columbia SC Halloween the night before that. One of the best 3 day runs in my GD adventures.
  9. I was at the event Funk in the City in Evansville. Arts and crafts fair plus live music headlined by a band called JEB. Interestingly enough their first show was Halloween 1997, less than 2 weeks before DSO. As they are now mainly just local they have done some touring and have shared stage with DSO way back. I have seen more JEB shows than DSO and that’s quite a few. The have originals and they do covers including phish, widespread , and dead. Supporting my friends took precedent over Hyryder. Will be seeing two 25 yr anniversary shows with my favorite bands in next 6 weeks.
  10. Born Cross Eyed 9/3/2022 Zanabar Louisville KY Shakedown Red Rooster MAMU Big River Brown Eyed On the Road Again Looks Like Rain Here Comes Sunshine Saint of Circumstance Let it Grow Sampson and Delilah Unbroken Chain Eyes Estimated Viola Throwing Stones NFA (2 minute version...curfew) Dino on one of the drum kits
  11. I too caught BCE at The Enchanted Forest. Cute tree populated outdoor venue in the midst of urban sprawl shared with brewery.
  12. Rode up the interstate to catch this… Hyryder @ The Bluebird 7/8/22 Bloomington, IN Set 1 Bertha> Good Lovin', Walkin' Blues, Built to Last, Picasso Moon, They Love Each Other, King Solomon’s Marbles, Tennessee Jed, Cassidy, Promontory Rider> Let It Grow Set 2 Cryptical Envelopment> I Need a Miracle> Cryptical Envelopment> Jam> The Other One> Cryptical Envelopment> Foolish Heart> Drums/Space> Cream Puff War> Turn On Your Love Light, Morning Dew, Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad E. Easy Wind Marbles, Promontory, and Cryptically double decker stood out. Just a college bar…saw DSO there many times.
  13. Will be too hot for me for Dead & Co as well for Cincinnati or Deer Creek Count me out
  14. I got it at caverns….missed jubilee…so disappointing.
  15. Ugg! I missed 2 days ago…5/11/78 Springfield Mass., known as the mescaline show…band giggling all night. If my arm was twisted to say best GD show I was present…this is it. Great acid and sweet college gf didn’t hurt.
  16. Makes me smile…saw many shows by 04 with Scott and traded emails. One of the reasons they seemed to follow me.
  17. 45 years ago today I hopped on the bus to never ever land. 5/4/77 Palladium NYC
  18. I beg to differ….RR is just a major must. Frost, Greek, etc….the more eclectic musts. I have been to RR…first show DSO 2019…The venue blew me away. The geology, the museum, the view….the heart rate monitor at top of hill. DSO wants to pay the others….if so and multiple shows…I’m in.
  19. Drove up the interstate and caught Hyryder at the Bluebird in Bloomington IN 3/12/2022 Here Comes Sunshine Mr Charlie Struggling Man Catfish John Big River On the Road Again Candyman Throwing Stones Mindbender Corrina Reuben and Cherise TMNS Easy Wind Sugar Magnoila Man Smart Woman Smarter Mighty High St Stephen—> Lovelight Unbroken Chain Victim or the Crime-> Mountains of the Moon Hell in a Bucket—> Deal Touch of Grey Interesting selection of tunes…Mighty High sticks out Hyryder always fun to dance to.
  20. Evidence is piling up that the “cure” was worse than the disease. Biggest human stupidness since Y2K if you are old enough to remember.
  21. I know one really well myself
  22. I concur….opportunities begin just like this
  23. Correct priorities. The liability in our litigious society makes $50 a pipe dream for child care in a mostly 21+ setting. In certain situations possibility exists. Brings to mind the Creamery in Oregon show with the little ones having fun in the tent while grown men sit naked on a pole.
  24. Certainly worth the round trip drive in the pouring rain. Danced from first to last note. Viola and Rag worth special mention. Have seen BCE 4 or 5 times over the years and was thinking this would be first sans Dino….SURPRISE! Even bought the man a beer and brought it to his drum kit during Scarlet. Like me, doing what we love, cause we want it that way. AC too.
  25. The cause of my LOL
×
×
  • Create New...