-
Posts
1,085 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
45
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by DesertDead
-
Here in PHX The Noodles play every Sunday. They’re really good, and a lot of fun. Next week they will celebrate 26 years of playing. They used to be at Full Sail Inn, now they play at Cactus Jack’s. Check em out if you’re in AZ.
-
I’ve heard of him 🙃
-
Absolutely. And with 2 and 3 playing each other, they seem to control their playoff inclusion. Win ND and P12 CG and they’re in. You know how I’m hoping that works out. If Georgia wins out. And Ohio State wins out. And TCU wins out. And USC loses a game. Who becomes 4th playoff team? Clemson whose sole loss is to a Jekyll/Hyde Notre Dame? Michigan whose sole loss is to #2 Ohio State? Might be the answer if the loss is respectable. North Carolina really let an opportunity slip away by losing last night. Their sole loss was (also) to ND before that, and winning out and beating Clemson could have given it to them. LSU will see that they’re in if they can beat Georgia in that scenario. If they can avoid letting aTm sneak up on them in what will be that team’s bowl game. Emphasis on bowl. 😎
-
not if South Carolina keeps slapping Tennessee Jed lol not sure if serious, that Illinois (or anyone else Michigan has played so far this season) is “top level competition”? Regardless, they’ll obviously get in if they beat Ohio State, deservedly so…
-
I’ll guess Georgia Ohio State Tennessee Michigan Because TCU will spit the bit and ND will beat USC. North Carolina will replace Michigan if they lose badly to Ohio State and UNC runs out including ACC CG. Their sole loss to ND on a day when “good ND” showed up. So basically you can bet on something other than this occurring since I’ve now predicted it! 😂
-
The matchups you seek already do happen. It’s called the SEC regular season.
-
I see why you did there, Tea 😎 should be a great game
-
Fun game. 🙂 As a huge ND fan, sometimes all we have is faith. For the record, I did predict ND to win on the message board I’m a member of. I almost always do though, haha. Glad you seemingly enjoyed it, too. Good thing we didn’t just give them the win because they’ve had higher ranked recruiting classes. 😉
-
It could. 😊 Tennessee used to blow. So did Georgia. So did Alabama. So did Ohio State. Your assertions are hindsight. The sport is cyclical. Small guys become big guys. Right now it’s the Nick Saban cycle haha. One day it will end and Alabama will be mediocre. Guy’s gonna have to die for that to occur, but it will.
-
True as it may be, you do continue to tip your hand that the games don’t technically need be played, RD. you are consistent, though 🙂 while Clemson is not what they’ve been (and it will be fascinating to see what happens to them in the next few years), we’re not super confident that ND is going to get this job done, BS. and by not super confident I mean not at all but I will certainly root them on 🥳
-
what an incredible set list - both! bet that was a beautiful buzz, wow
-
Xtra Ticket, a band out here in AZ. They typically import Dave Abear from Colorado. Last night they also had Scott Guberman in town and his impact was evident. Viola Lee was a first set highlight. set 2 Help Slip Frank Estimated Eyes Terrapin Corinna Fantasy and after that your guess is as good as mine Very strong stuff, and anyone here who could see Abear play would be glad they did, guy rips it up.
-
Jack Straw from this show has some traction.
-
I’m currently recovering from two nights of TAB. Wow. Agree wholeheartedly about Goose, Stu.
-
I didn’t have any audio issues until the second night, when I was 20 rows to Brent. So we moved back to where we were on night 1, 15 rows to Phil, and didn’t leave for two days. The massive swirl of the sound in that black cage-lookin pavilion was one intense trip. Puddles, indeed. I wasn’t sure if it was me, it was so distinct and bizarre, I’ve never had any experience like that at a show, before or since. When I finally got my wits about me to say “fuck this, we’re bailing” (likely exact quote), it was like being set free. Hey Pocky Way was a riot that second night (always was a riot, though). I grew up about 20 minutes away in just over the Indiana border, so we took Route 30 and back roads instead of I-80. We could see from the lot that people were bailing on their cars on the side of the freeway. I think these were the first big concerts at the place, but I could be wrong about that and am too high to Google it right now.
-
July 21, 1990. Chicagoland, World Theater. Night 1 of 3, the start of Brent’s final run.
-
Lemieux played this today, just listened to it. Chunky soundboard, sounds great.
-
Alpine is always a great way to remember TIGDH. imagine the freedom to do what you wish and dance on July 7, 1984 Terrapin out of space, with Bobby heard calling to Jerry to start it. Lovelight returns within a NFA sandwich. https://archive.org/details/gd1984-07-07.sbd.miller.94379.sbeok.flac16
-
May 13, 1983. Berkeley, California. Greek. First ever Helena; check out the China Cat intro, where Bobby has guitar troubles. Audience transferred by Senor Charlie Miller. Enjoy! https://archive.org/details/gd1983-05-13.fob.sonyecm220t.keshavan.miller.fix.94514.sbeok.flac16/gd83-05-13d1t02.flac
-
My copy of 5/6/89 back when cars had cassette players
-
Much love and respect to Brother Bill for honoring all unwritten codes and waiting until 12:03 to ensure that the “T” in TIGDH is maintained. What a fucking beast of a Deadhead you are, man. DD
-
April 23, 1977. Springfield, Massachusetts. I love this show. It has a sort of laid back element to the approach compared to its cohort, but is obviously reelin and a rocking, given the tour/time. One of only nine shows with both Help/Slip/Frank and Scarlet/Fire. I also happen to love that little nugget waiting after Estimated Prophet. Perhaps you will, too. https://archive.org/details/gd1977-04-23.sbd.miller.88401.sbeok.flac16 Set 1 Sugaree Cassidy Loser New Minglewood Blues Ramble On Rose Me And My Uncle Row Jimmy It's All Over Now Scarlet Begonias -> Fire On The Mountain Set 2 Estimated Prophet Bertha The Music Never Stopped Help On The Way -> Slipknot! -> Franklin's Tower -> Around And Around -> Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad -> Not Fade Away Encore One More Saturday Night
-
sorry for lagging, Brother, was on vacation in California… I was, indeed. Well, at least present for these in body format 🧑🚀
-
1994, Miami. Set 1 . and here is a soundboard of your 1985 Spectrum show, Blair https://archive.org/details/gd85-04-06.sbd.miller.13467.sbeok.shnf
-
Bill, I celebrated your deadication to being at the Hampton shows with the use of the thumbs-up emoji, trivial as it may be. You’re a fucking beast of a tour rat, and Garcia knows it. DD
