Jump to content

DesertDead

Forum MVP
  • Posts

    1,085
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    45

Everything posted by DesertDead

  1. Saw The Alligators and Universe Peoples last night. Both SoCal bands. The Alligators will be the house band at Skull and Roses Festival. They were a lot of fun. Front man is part Belushi, part Pigpen. I’m surprised he didn’t whip his member out at some point haha. Quite gregarious. Occasionally bangs the gong at the back of the stage. They did some Katie Mae lyrics over Minglewood Blues, which was surprisingly good. Their whole set was surprisingly good and a lot of fun. Lead guitarist was damn good. Yes, they played Alligator. Fun stuff. Universe Peoples had some good things, but didn’t gel for us so we bailed after a few tunes.
  2. I forgot Tangled Up In Blue, which was before the Sis and Bros. Not that anyone cares, but I’d like the Internet to be accurate 😎
  3. JGB in Tempe last night. Two sets with John playing guitar is always good for the soul. He remains absolutely incredible. Melvin on the B3 makes for smiles all around. Rhythm section is solid. Sad that Melvin can barely get up from the bench after the show. His walking is labored to say the least. Set 1 Let’s Spend the Night Together Catfish John Money Honey Mystery Train What a Wonderful World (Sam Cooke) That’s What Love Will Make You Do New Speedway Boogie Jam Midnight Hour Set 2 Strugglin Man Cats Down Under Stars I’ll Take a Melody Feel Like Dynamite (smoking hot) Tangled Up in Blue Sisters and Brothers Deal
  4. Be there. And yeah, sure, we’ll quote ya on the not wild part haha. 😂
  5. Goose was in Tempe last night. Thick sound and very cool lights. They’re tight. Some songs take off. Covered Electric Avenue. Was fantastic. I recommend them as a fun evening out to anyone here.
  6. I thought every word of this post.
  7. DesertDead

    Football

    Heading to Fiesta Bowl now. Go Irish. Happy New Year!
  8. DesertDead

    Football

    Or, one could say that they’re due.
  9. Damn, I’m gonna have to fly to Lexington.
  10. Um, I’d like a redaction of the redaction. The show opens with Shakedown, so we’re already way ahead of the curve. Rooster, Stagger Lee, To Lay Me Fucking Down, and LIG. Then a Foolish, a Dark Star (don’t diminish because of V2, that’s nonsense), and Wharf Rat, and a Lovelight… And we’re looking down our noses at this show?! Picasso does have stupid lyrics, but the music isn’t that bad. Victim is awesome. Not every song can be the Wheel. So as I said, please take back the take back! (I love our annual visit to the McNichols run, Tea 😎, sick shows, Brother)
  11. DesertDead

    Football

    So more of the games not counting? 😂 First it was Oregon shouldn’t count because it was “early”. Now a pass on Michigan because they weren’t ready? 🤣 How about too fucking bad? Michigan beat their ass and was ready. What are we supposed to say to them? I mean, I hate Michigan with the intensity of a thousand Suns, but THEY are a top 3 team. I think Georgia is. I think Alabama is. Are you playing a joke on me, or is this intended to be serious? I have an idea, it may sound familiar. I say instead of ranking teams based on recruiting rankings (done by a bunch of guys who could not get work actually coaching the game) or how they “look”, how about we actually let them play, and the results of those games matter? And not sure what difference you’re trying to clarify between Ohio State being top three and them making the playoffs? Those equate to the same thing, correct? (Same thing, get it! 😁)
  12. DesertDead

    Football

    Lol at Ohio State somehow still being top 3 in your world. Instead of who? One of the teams that would be in a 12 team playoff with them just beat their ass. Another team that would be in the 12 team playoff (Utah) beat the shit out of a team that beat Ohio State at home. Twice. I suggest Ohio State worry about being the best team in Pasadena on January 1. Before any more about Ohio State, who is that they beat/dominated? Sparty? Maryland?
  13. DesertDead

    Football

    If you’re saying that whoever the number 5 team is should be in instead of both teams from the SEC that just played each other, that is an opinion I could quickly get on board with. 😇
  14. DesertDead

    Football

    When other teams get their act together, they will beat the SEC powers (and we’re mainly talking about Alabama). It will also help when Nick Saban retires. Guy is special.
  15. DesertDead

    Football

    1. Alabama 2. Michigan 3. Georgia 4. Cincinnati If Michigan loses: 1. Alabama 2. Georgia 3. Cincinnati 4. ND
  16. DesertDead

    Football

    Thanks, BS. Yeah, we are thrilled about Marcus Freeman. The notion that a head coach has to be tested at that level prior to taking over at ND is as stale as our last national championship. The guy is dynamic and engaging, not to mention hard working, both as a coach and just as importantly as a recruiter. Already getting some studs to commit, and now this will hold things together. We are also thrilled that Tommy Rees and most of the staff, in general, is staying. I appreciate Kelly for leaving ND in a MUCH better place than we he found it, and also for leaving haha. Guy is a knob. I don’t wish him any ill, though. I prefer Marcus to Fickell and to Campbell, so happy for all. Now we’ll see what happens this weekend and if Freeman’s first game is in the Playoffs or just a NY6 Bowl. His first regular season game at the Horseshoe, where he played. And, yeah, it seems a lot of our respective coaches were at each other’s school haha. Cool ish! DD
  17. DesertDead

    Football

    Agree that this will be a big test for Georgia. (Understatement.) If I had to pick a winner, I’d pick Georgia, but a Bama win would not surprise me much. Will be fun!
  18. DesertDead

    Football

    k. how many points will Bama score against Georgia?
  19. DesertDead

    Football

    They barely scored 10 in regulation against Auburn 3 days ago.
  20. DesertDead

    Football

    Ohio State is out unless Michigan, Cincinnati, Alabama, and Oklahoma State all lose. If that happens, they could be selected. That level of chaos would lead to 1. Georgia 2. ND 3. Baylor 4. Ole Miss or Ohio State or some Pac 12 team Your comment about Georgia is more of the same about eyeballing it. Georgia’s first test of the year comes Saturday. They are very much number 1, but seedings based on what they deserve is not how it works. And yes, BS, if Cincinnati loses, they are immediately out of the Playoffs.
  21. DesertDead

    Football

    Yeah it is. Good thing we went ahead and let Michigan and Ohio State actually play the football game. 😆 Congrats to Michigan on an impressive win (Tea!).
  22. Count me as optimistic that he’ll do a wonderful job.
  23. DesertDead

    Football

    Bro, you always jam so many ideas into these football posts 😅 Ok. If the SEC wants to watch each other play in just them in a playoff format they already have it. It’s called the regular season. Every year we hear the SEC thing, and every year they lose a bunch of bowl games. I know, I know, it’s because they don’t care. Got it. Look, the top 3 used to be a top 4 just over a month ago, and you had it nailed down that Clemson was a lock for the Playoffs along with Bama, UGA, and OSU. Now 25% of that is gone. Games need to be played. They matter. Georgia was mediocre 10 years ago, they will return there someday. Look at USC. Florida State. They blow. They will not always blow. The game is cyclical. Would help if Nick Saban could retire so other teams could have a chance haha.
  24. DesertDead

    Football

    Not sure what the point is here. Is it that teams with more talent typically beat teams with less? 100% agree. But this is like an ongoing pic of man screaming at clouds. 🙃 I do also see your unsolicited jab at my Irish haha. They're not great, but they’re top 10. Which is pretty good.
×
×
  • Create New...