Furthur

sgrmag2564

• Forum MVP

Not attending that show, but had to chime in about my sentiments for Hampton. Site of my first Dead shows in March of '85. Used to look forward to 3 shows at Hampton every spring - that while attending App. State in Boone, NC. Spent many nights in that parking lot, had many adventures in that parking lot...... remember it being a bitch to get to, but have much love for it. Left that lot one night after a show to drive back to NC and drove about 1.5hrs north before realizing we were going the wrong way, stupid stoned college students..aaaahhhhhh.

Guest Ammagamalin Crew
Not attending that show, but had to chime in about my sentiments for Hampton. Site of my first Dead shows in March of '85. Used to look forward to 3 shows at Hampton every spring - that while attending App. State in Boone, NC. Spent many nights in that parking lot, had many adventures in that parking lot...... remember it being a bitch to get to, but have much love for it. Left that lot one night after a show to drive back to NC and drove about 1.5hrs north before realizing we were going the wrong way, stupid stoned college students..aaaahhhhhh.

That 3/22/85 Hampton show was Bach's 300 birthday, we were there also and I remember a ballon floating around the audience and someone said "Don't touch it , it has the plague"

• Forum MVP
That 3/22/85 Hampton show was Bach's 300 birthday, we were there also and I remember a ballon floating around the audience and someone said "Don't touch it , it has the plague"

Yeah and it was one of those shows that Phil broke out Box of Rain after an extended hiatus. I remember not knowing why everyone was going crazy, but getting chill bumps from the energy.

Guest Ammagamalin Crew
Yeah and it was one of those shows that Phil broke out Box of Rain after an extended hiatus. I remember not knowing why everyone was going crazy, but getting chill bumps from the energy.

You are referring to the 1986 shows at Hampton. Then in 1988 we got the To Lay Me Down and Ballad of a Thin Man. 1985 opened with Alabama> Greatest Story.....

• Forum MVP

I caught 85, 86, 87 in Hampton before moving out west for a few years. Feb of 08 DSO played the two 3/87 shows back to back in Asheville, NC and me and my brother (we've seen all our shows together) called the show early into the Rooster. Was a real treat to get the second show the next night.

Guest Ammagamalin Crew
I caught 85, 86, 87 in Hampton before moving out west for a few years. Feb of 08 DSO played the two 3/87 shows back to back in Asheville, NC and me and my brother (we've seen all our shows together) called the show early into the Rooster. Was a real treat to get the second show the next night.

I got to experience that in Boulder last year with back to back Omni shows. That's great you get these experiences with your brother!

Archived